Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Bogarts on a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Bogarts on a daily driver?

do you think it would be a problem to have a daily driver with Bogarts? if not then what sizes would you run? it will have m/t drag radials on the back. also if anyone has any pics of black camaros with Bogarts please send thanks.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know it says they arent intented for street use but why not?
Old 09-15-2006, 09:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drag wheels are built for different uses...mass is removed to keep unsprung weight low in addition to rotational mass at a minimum. They are not designed for lateral loading.

There appears to a misconception with drag wheels, the front wheel is highly stressed, NO manufacture that produces drag wheels i.e. weld, centerline etc makes a street legal runner. No matter what manufacture that you are considering produces a safe drag runner for the street.

Other manufactures stamp on the outside of their wheels "for drag use only"...we do not do so since it takes away from the show-finish and overall appearance of the wheel. No-one makes a safe drag wheel for everyday street use. I'm not sure why someone would want to use a drag setup for everyday use anyways...handling suffers quite a bit, not to mention braking.