Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Price of your factory wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Price of your factory wheels.

I am interested to know how much money you spent of buy factory wheels. (ZR1's, ZO6's,...so on). Where they replica's or did you buy factory wheels? I know the ZR1's I'm about to buy are factory stamped GM wheels and are lighter in wieght then the replica's...

They guy I am buying them from has Dunlop tires on the wheels with about 500miles of wear... He thinks $800 is fair... suggestions?
Old 09-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing to look for when buying used wheels is to make sure that they have no damage (curb-rash, scratches, peeling, ect.) The same with the tire's (no plugs or patches.) Also look to see that you have the corrrect size 17x9 as the a-mold wheels(factory GM ZR wheels) were made in more common 9.5 or 8.5 for the vette's. $800 sounds fair if they are like new. I would offer $600 and he would most likely sell them somewhere in the middle ($700.) Good luck.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well heres the deal. I know the guy personally and he is a member here. I wont release the s/n mostly so he doesn't get swamped with messages such as "OMG I WANT UR WHEELZ!".. Anyway, Yes, they are original factory, and he took care of his wheels as well as he takes care of his car. No damage at all... And They are chrome... Chrome is not a fad at all. The front tires are continentals, and I've had experience with this shitty brand in the past... rock hard, but cheap! I would consider dumping those... but who knows?

Well worth the 800 IMO... I am going to sit on it, considering these factors.
1. Do I really want ZR1's
2. Are there better wheel options out there for a competitive price?
3. Should I spend the money on wheels or other speed parts?

Not sure.. input is welcomed!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

$800 for painted OEM ZR-1's seems a bit high

$800 for chrome OEM ZR-1's is a good buy IMHO.