Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sickest tire for winter, for stock WS6 rims??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sickest tire for winter, for stock WS6 rims??

Yea wich one will be the top for winter, the car will see the snow this time cuz I dont have another one so I need to be as safe as I can. It has stock rims so I dont know what size either
Thanx in advance
Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bridgestone Blizzak
FWIW grab a set of 16" rims from a standard T/A and use then for your winter tires, you should be able to get them pretty cheap, then go to tire rack, or discount tire and find the size (they both have winter tire selections that fit an f body) I say use 16" rims as there seems to be more winter tires available in the 16" size than 17"
Old 12-02-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

After driving f-cars in the Chicago winters for 9 years now I see no difference in the off brand vs major brand snow tires. I've had blizzaks and dunlops but the cheapo wintersports and winter force no brand tires have also been just as good.

Check out tirerack and go with the sizes they recomend for the rims you have and pick which ever winter specific tires you are comfortable with.

I run 16x7" steel wheels and 215/60's. After trying other combos using stock 16x8's and 225 width tires (215's are too skinny in some cases for 8" wide rims) I found the heavy steel wheels and super skinny tire combo have worked better than anyhitng else I've run. skinny tires put more weight on the small contact patch and cut through the snow better. You won't win races on dry pavement or look all that great but man they wook good when you really need it.

Had 11" of snow in the Nw chi town suburbs friday and I drove my car with with 215's and mods in my sig all the way to work and home. that is a 46 mile round trip in some serious deep snow, blizard conditions, and ice with no problems. Even a guy I work with in a Jeep cherokee classic could not keep up with my car in the snow. Its unreal how people believe that 4wd makes up for having bald street tires on their SUV.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Launching!

May want to check these out... https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....69&postcount=1