Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

offset question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default offset question

i have 2 18x9.5 chrome y2k rims with the 65mm offset. the back spacing was 7.8inches, well my problem is, i'm going to be buyin 2 more rims to match the set and they r going to be +54mm or +56mm offset.

I dont want them to look goofy, I've been reading lots on the internet about this lately. Can I put the +65mm rims in the back and buy some +56mm for the fronts and live happly ever after? Worse case scenerio I'll even buy 285 tires for the rears and 275 for the fronts to hide the "tucked" in look of the rear rims.

I really wanna avoild wheel spacers beacuse then i will need longer studs and finding the correct length can be a hassle toand i dont want to poke holes through my center caps for the studs.

My car is a 97 Z28,with sportlines (blue springs).I bought the car like this.

If u guys have any other dieas, please share,this thing has been stressin me out lately
Old 12-16-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't think you have any choice with that offset. Look here:

http://www.skulte.com/
Old 12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

that site seems good, but I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

would this idea work.. i keep the +65mm rims and slap them in the rear and get 17x8.5 rims for the fronts. but i read the FAQ's at CZ28.com and i need to stay within a 35-44mm offset, but the only ones i could find on ebay and directtire.com were 54mm offsets...