Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

So get this...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So get this...

When I broke two of my wheels in my lil Hydroplaning accident this fall I had to go through my insurance and purchase a whole new set of wheels, because mine were no longer made. Anyway, eight weeks later (I ordered TT2's) they show up at the body shop where I got the work done, and little did I know they have been there for over TWO weeks, nice. Then he tries to tell me itll be 1900 dollar PLUS tax to get the wheels. So I call down to Belle Tire, where were ordered them through and I ask the guy, how much does each wheel cost for the 18x8 and the 18x10. "You're looking at about $325-$350 for the 18x8 and $390 for the 18x10" I know I know I could've gotten them for less I am sure, but we went this way to stick it to my insurance, they were covering 1400 dollars, so this way I should only have to pay a couple hundred dollars in the end. If my math skills serve me correctly, the total after tax would be $1568.80 ((350x2)+(390x2))*1.06, this guy is trying to pull one over on me!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by blown00ls1
. . . but we went this way to stick it to my insurance, they were covering 1400 dollars, so this way I should only have to pay a couple hundred dollars in the end. . . .

Well there is your first mistake . . .

Second, did the Body Shop put in writing the difference over the $1,400 the insurance co offered, that you had to pay?

Third, Body Shop ain't gonna do this for free, they probably marked up the whees . . .

Fourth, what about mounting and balancing the four tires . . .?

Fifth, if I do my math $1,900 - $1,568.80 = $331.20. Now IF the BS is charging $1,900 OVER the supposed $1,400 from the insurance co, well yes there is a problem. The hard part is fighting it.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Well there is your first mistake . . .

Second, did the Body Shop put in writing the difference over the $1,400 the insurance co offered, that you had to pay?

Third, Body Shop ain't gonna do this for free, they probably marked up the whees . . .

Fourth, what about mounting and balancing the four tires . . .?

Fifth, if I do my math $1,900 - $1,568.80 = $331.20. Now IF the BS is charging $1,900 OVER the supposed $1,400 from the insurance co, well yes there is a problem. The hard part is fighting it.
to answer your questions, which are good ones, this is not with tires, they are getting mounted somewhere else, we did ask if they were going to charge extra for being somewhat of a "middle man" and they said no, this is a big dealership in my area, they dont need to BS around lol, although they didnt put anything in writing, i called down to them after i posted this thread and after i called belle tire, told him what i found out, and he said that there must have been a mistake in processing, he is fixing it and calling back, i was just a little upset about the whole deal...
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Certainly respect being upset, could have been a chunk of change!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i just talked to the guy on the phone, he said that with their computers at the shop, the system will automatically put a 25% increase on price, that is what they charge for any part that goes through them, but because this is a different situation, it wont happen that way, he is in the process of changing that. That accounts for the price difference for sure!