Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need a hubcentric spacer

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a hubcentric spacer

Im doing C6Z06 brakes on the front of my truck this winter, and from the templates, Im gonna need roughly a 5-6mm spacer to clear the face of the caliper.

I will be using C5 hubs, and would like the spacer to be hubcentric to keep the wheel balanced. Truck is highly modified and has and will see speeds of 140+.

Searched the forum, as well as around on yahoo, and havent had much luck. Hoping someone could help.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

I highly recommend you contact Andris at SPD ( www.skulte.com ). He can build you just about any spacer or adapter that your heart desires and do a bang-up job in the process.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i contacted them and he wanted me to measure something on my car and im not very technical i just couldnt figure it out. And i cant imagin i was the first ls1 owner to contact him. Would you please let me know what happens? i really need some hubcentric spacers so please let me know!
Old 12-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Teching In

I emailed him friday night, and he responded and told me it wouldnt be a problem. I dont have my exact measurements yet, since I dont have the brake parts just yet.

I dont know what he would need you to measure. Id imagine the hubs are all the same size between vettes and f-bodies. And I saw it says they stock standard sized spacers for f-bodies and vettes and such.

I just need these to be hubcentric to the vette hubs I'll be using, so when I put the wheels on, I know the spacer will be centered with the wheel. So hopefully I dont have any vibrations, or any kinda safety issues.

I just need a slip on style spacer, only 6mm thick and Im gonna go ahead and replace the stock studs with some arp longer ones just for peice of mind before assembling the whole thing.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

he said he needed me to measure the lip on the axle or something of the nature. I didnt understand why either. maybe ill try emailing them again. Any other good brands just in case?
Old 12-25-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer
I emailed him friday night, and he responded and told me it wouldnt be a problem. I dont have my exact measurements yet, since I dont have the brake parts just yet.

I dont know what he would need you to measure. Id imagine the hubs are all the same size between vettes and f-bodies. And I saw it says they stock standard sized spacers for f-bodies and vettes and such.

I just need these to be hubcentric to the vette hubs I'll be using, so when I put the wheels on, I know the spacer will be centered with the wheel. So hopefully I dont have any vibrations, or any kinda safety issues.

I just need a slip on style spacer, only 6mm thick and Im gonna go ahead and replace the stock studs with some arp longer ones just for peice of mind before assembling the whole thing.
I think you're on the right track. Main measurements on a hubcentric slip-on spacer are going to be the bolt circle/wheel stud dimensions and the hub diameter of your truck (IIRC its same as the Vette anyway, but not sure). You'll also want to determine whether you want a wheelcentric lip added to the spacer. On a small spacer like you're suggesting this is not usually necessary, but if you aren't left with much engagement of the wheel's hub bore on the hub, then it may be wise to spend the extra few $$. Andris can point you in the right direction on this.

Also if you only need ~ 5-6mm spacer then the odds are really good that you won't need the longer wheel studs. The trick is to try and get at least 6 full turns of thread engagement on the lugs with the spacers installed. Certainly, adding the arp studs is a good, conservative approach, but it may not be necessary in your case.