Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Rubbing with 18x10.5

Old 02-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubbing with 18x10.5

I have a rubbing noise coming from the rear tires when I take a turn or when I hit a hard enough bump. I was thinking of doing the bfh mod but I am not 100% sure if I need too. Also I talked to a few guys and they said it may be the pan hard bar since the rear end may be getting a little sloppy and it could be rubbing?

Suggestions and ideas would be great!!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Try popping off the rear wheels and if you can see where its rubbing just do the BFH mod. It's usually in the 9 o'clock position. I cant offer any advice w/ the panhard bar. Sorry.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kev98Ta
Try popping off the rear wheels and if you can see where its rubbing just do the BFH mod. It's usually in the 9 o'clock position. I cant offer any advice w/ the panhard bar. Sorry.
Thanks ill take a look man
Old 02-05-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the same problem man. Mine are 18x8.5 (+56mm) Black C6 Motorsports on a '00 3.8L bird. I took a real quick glance to try and find where the rubbing is. I just did it in the school parking lot, cuz that's where it got the worst (a lot of speed bumps) so I was not able to raise the car up any to get a good look. I felt around and couldn't feel any rubbing at all and it seemed like there was at least 2 full inches in the tightest spot. What I would suggest is: next time you get your tires rotated (especially if you take your car to the same place most of the time), ask the mechanic to take a look at/show you anything he can find out about the situation. I didn't realize it before, but after I heard that rubbing, I thought something might be wrong with my car's *** too. I don't know a whole lot about suspensions or anything for that matter (just try to learn as I go), so I'm not going to make any further assumptions and make myself sound more ignorant than I might already. Anyway, if you could let me know what you find out, that would be great. I'll try to send you a message or something if I find something out. I'll probably take it up to where I got the wheels installed if I can find enough time. It's real hard going to school full time and working part time though. Good luck man.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
I have the same problem man. Mine are 18x8.5 (+56mm) Black C6 Motorsports on a '00 3.8L bird. I took a real quick glance to try and find where the rubbing is. I just did it in the school parking lot, cuz that's where it got the worst (a lot of speed bumps) so I was not able to raise the car up any to get a good look. I felt around and couldn't feel any rubbing at all and it seemed like there was at least 2 full inches in the tightest spot. What I would suggest is: next time you get your tires rotated (especially if you take your car to the same place most of the time), ask the mechanic to take a look at/show you anything he can find out about the situation. I didn't realize it before, but after I heard that rubbing, I thought something might be wrong with my car's *** too. I don't know a whole lot about suspensions or anything for that matter (just try to learn as I go), so I'm not going to make any further assumptions and make myself sound more ignorant than I might already. Anyway, if you could let me know what you find out, that would be great. I'll try to send you a message or something if I find something out. I'll probably take it up to where I got the wheels installed if I can find enough time. It's real hard going to school full time and working part time though. Good luck man.
Gotta remember though mine are 18x10.5 so I may rub the inner fenders somewhere

Search this Thread