Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Rim repair- estimate too much?

Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rim repair- estimate too much?

My girlfriend was driving and ran over part of the street that was cut out- no one put up any cones or signs. She has 19" rims and the car is lowered so it isn't very forgiving in situations like these. She bent two of her rims on the inside. The lips are bent out a little over a four to six inch area. There aren't any chunks missing or anything like that. One doesn't look too bad at all. The other is bent out about a half-inch and won't hold air. A local guy wants $100 to $120 for each rim and all he is going to do is pull off the tire and put the rim in a press. Seems like a ripoff to me and I have access to a press so I was going to try and do it myself. I don't want to screw anything up and was just wondering if this takes experience that I don't have. I was just going to eye it and balance what wasn't perfect. What else different is this guy going to do for $250?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my rim got bent, the guy used one of these.

http://www.americasprideonline.com/R...-.ViewProducts
Old 03-03-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats actually a great price if the guy is legit and does the work right. has he seen the wheel yet and know whats wrong with it?

Search this Thread