Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Yokohama AVS Sport vs BFG KD

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yokohama AVS Sport vs BFG KD

I am running 275's in the front 315's in the back. Car makes 375 rwhp, 367 rwtq, I have SLP SFC's, Spohn Adjustable chassis mounted torque arm, BMR LCA's and UMI double adjustable rod ended panhard bar for suspension mods, the rest is stock.

Right now I have the Yokos on the back still and already replaced the fronts with BFG KD.

The Yokos still have a little bit of thread left and are not quite down to the indicators yet. However, this license plate was not put on as a joke...:

It's a slip and slide "how long of a burnout would you like", and "how far sideways from a 30 mph 2nd gear roll would you like to go" kind of an affair right now. To be honest, I was never very impressed with the Yokos, not sure why the hell they want 349 bucks for 315s. Naturally the installation of LS6 intake, cam and headers contributed heavily to my traction problems, but I am wondering how much of it was due to the tire.

To any of you that had both tires, or are running the KD on a car with a power level similar or greater than mine, how do you like them as far as hooking up?

I already ordered them, I really had no other choice since the GS D3 are on back order and coz I don't like any of the other tires, but I am curious to how you guys rate them.

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i like my kd's. the first 200 miles they are slippery but then they break in pretty nice. from a first gear roll and ripping 2nd hard they grip pretty early in 2nd. on occasion i can get them to hold first from a roll.