Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Got the new rims in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the new rims in!!!

I got my polished TT2's a while ago and just got around to gettin them on. Well, the fronts fit fine....17x9.5 the a +46mm Offset. The problem is the rims in the rear hit the strut or spring...17x11 +45mm Offset. Is this the wrong offset for the rear or am I just gonna have to get smaller rims. I know of a few people runnin this size rim with no problem and no BFH but they were different rims. I can't use a spacer cuz then the wheels would stick out. If they would go on, they would fit perfect right now. Please help me out. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Are you sure your not hitting the bumpstop?? What tires are you running?? Post some pics.......
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Xx01CamaroZ28xX
Are you sure your not hitting the bumpstop?? What tires are you running?? Post some pics.......
He should be on the phone w/ Tom right now. I'll reply for him, cause I know he would appreciate any answers he can get ASAP.
He took them down to a local tire place, and (thankfully) they checked the rim before they mounted the tire. I guess it was hitting on the strut or the spring. He's not gonna be able to post pics, as he has his stock rims back on already.

Can someone post up a pic of the bumpstop so he understands what you're talking about! The fronts aren't rubbing, just the rear.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nate81Camaro; 03-27-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Well I'm waiting on a call back from Tom but here's what's going on. I guess the rims are made specifically for my year camaro so there is no reason they should not fit. The girl I talked to said that they have sold thousands of rims to people like me and have had no problems at all. So yeeeeaaaa, I'm the first Anyway, They also told me to make sure that (Big O Tires) jacked the car up on the axle and not the frame cuz they will hit if it's raised by the frame. So I called to make sure the car was raised by the axleand they said they raised it both ways and neither way worked. Rim was too big. So I called back to TomZWheels and they told me there is no way that this is possible. Awesome!!! I have the worst luck in cars. My supercharged mustang LX 5.0 got stolen, I tryed to put a sway bar in a 2002 GTI...lets just say it didn't work out, and now this ****.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Dude, I swear to god you have the worst luck with cars! Seriously guys, this dude even had goofy weird problems (I never saw the probs he was having, even working at shops for over 3 years) when he changed his oil. He's not a newb, and definetly knew what he was doing when he changed the oil...I think his cars hate him. That's the only explanation.

Hopefully I get home today (from "work") and I'll get him over to my house and his car up on the jack...just to make sure the shop he went to wasn't feeding him a line of bs about putting it up on the axle.

Edit - I'm on the phone now with Chris. He said "I'M FOOKIN PISSED RIGHT NOW, and I wanna tell these guys how pissed I am, but I'm skeered of the mods".

Last edited by Nate81Camaro; 03-27-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Yea just talked to Tom and he pretty much told me that the shop is prolly full of BS. So me and Nate are gonna try to test fit the rim on the camaro ourselves. Hopefully it works.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

If, for some insane reason, they don't fit hope they rush deliver them to ya, pelican style!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I didn't answer earlier. Like Nate said I can't take pics yet as the stock ugly *** **** is back on. The tire size is gonna be 315/35/17 in the rear.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

You are the worst best friend ever Nate!
Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nate81Camaro
He should be on the phone w/ Tom right now. I'll reply for him, cause I know he would appreciate any answers he can get ASAP.
He took them down to a local tire place, and (thankfully) they checked the rim before they mounted the tire. I guess it was hitting on the strut or the spring. He's not gonna be able to post pics, as he has his stock rims back on already.

Can someone post up a pic of the bumpstop so he knows what the hell you're talking about! The fronts aren't rubbing, just the rear.
Ok bro I dont appreciate the harsh response when I was just tryin to help your so called "friend" okay. Also I only wanted an answer from the person, whom I originally asked and not some douche. Your response was immature, and not appreciated......

Now here is a picture of the bumpstop next to your springs:

That picture is courtesy of MannyZ28. I dont think the tire place jacked it up in the right place. If they had then there should be no problem with the installation on the tire. What brand of tire are you running in the rear?? Alot of 315's run in different widths.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Hey thanks man, been lookin for a pic and couldn't find one. Oh and Nate didn't mean anything by the previous post. He was just upset like i was that the **** wasn't workin so def no hard feelins. I could see how his responce could be taken that way though so I'll apologize to you for him since he's not online anymore. But yea, it looks like that might be where it's hittin. We'll find out later today and hopefully resolve the issue. Thanks again for the pic and the help.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Oh yea, and the rear tires are the Sumitomo's HTR 35Z 315/35/ZR17.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Ok bro I dont appreciate the harsh response when I was just tryin to help your so called "friend" okay. Also I only wanted an answer from the person, whom I originally asked and not some douche. Your response was immature, and not appreciated......
Hey now...I wasn't being harsh at all. I'm really sorry if you thought I was being mean or harsh I've edited my post, so you know what I meant. I'd really appreciate it if you did the same...I REALLY wasn't trying to be mean or anything and I wouldn't want other ppl to think I was trying to be.

Greatly appreciate you helping my friend out (by giving him suggestions on what else to look for, and postin up that pic).

Hope this clears the "air"...I really hate arguing on the net, and especially a forum where I may one day need your help on something. I generally try not to burn bridges....
Old 03-27-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Its all good bro......theres no hard feelings. Pm me if you need anymore help.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Its all good bro......theres no hard feelings. Pm me if you need anymore help.
Cool, and if I ever need a 4th gen suspension/wheel topic answered, I'll be sure to pm you.

We jacked the car up under the pumpkin, and voila - rims fit PERFECT. I figured the shop he took it to didn't try jacking it up there. Must not have wanted to sound stupid or something

We have access to a shop on base, and they have a tire changing machine. Seeing as how it's the exact same one that I used for the three years I worked at a good sized ford dealership, I think I'll mount them for him.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

And finally the rims that have been sitting on my couch for the past 1-2 weeks will be on the car.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 AM
TECH Addict

Pics???
Old 03-29-2007, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

yea for real after all that...no pics?

had to
Old 03-29-2007, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

Haha...I've got em on and if the weather is good today, I'll take some pics and post em on here. It's supposed to rain though so I'm not sure if i'll be able to yet. Plus I gotta wait for my gf to come over cuz she's the one with the camera.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Plus I gotta update the pic in my sig with the new shoes!