Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What tires?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tires?!

I'm looking to get new rubber all around, 275/40/17. I'm looking for good dry performance, wet performance thats not going to kill me (daily driver, but not expecting revolutionary handling), etc. I NEED them to be quiet. The ones I have on there now are the noisiest tires I've ever had.. and I used to own a lifted Wrangler on 33"s.

A friend recommended the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD, but the reviews say they're noisy. I've also heard good things about Goodyear GS D3's.. no real hand experience on those.

I had Nitto 555R's on my '96 and I liked them.. I just want to see if there's an alternative to those.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

GSD3's but theyre still on backorder, if you got the dough go for the BFG KDW's great wet and dry tire and theyh handle like a champ, dont get these confused with the KD(race rubber) or the KDWS, there is also the gforce sport. if money is not an object michelins should be at the top of your list
Old 04-03-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
GSD3's but theyre still on backorder....
Depends where you look for them, I found a set yesterday - Brown will deliver them on Thursday!!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

I can not say enough about my KDs AWE$OME dry traction. I don't drive my car in the rain unless I am caught in it. Did it once so far and as long as you are responsible I didn't have a problem there either.

Bob s.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
GSD3's but theyre still on backorder, if you got the dough go for the BFG KDW's great wet and dry tire and theyh handle like a champ, dont get these confused with the KD(race rubber) or the KDWS, there is also the gforce sport. if money is not an object michelins should be at the top of your list
Money isn't important.. and I get at-cost on tires, so they should be a good chunk less. Which Michelins would you recommend?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BIRD
I can not say enough about my KDs AWE$OME dry traction. I don't drive my car in the rain unless I am caught in it. Did it once so far and as long as you are responsible I didn't have a problem there either.

Bob s.
How quiet are they?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by renxwar
Money isn't important.. and I get at-cost on tires, so they should be a good chunk less. Which Michelins would you recommend?
im a big fan of the PS2's, then the pliot sport A/S