Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Do 15" wheels fit on the rear of GTO's?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Do 15" wheels fit on the rear of GTO's?

I'm curious about this more from a caliper standpoint. The rear GTO caliper looks a lot like an F body rear caliper after its been modded to fit 15" wheels. I'm wondering is a simple caliper swap will work to allow me to clear a 15" on the back? I should also ask if the GTO caliper will bolt up to f body backing plates? Thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our 15" Bogart wheels are clear the calipers. They are built specific to the year you have.

Depending on your year, there are a few other considerations that need to be addressed.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Its not a GTO see sig. I swapped C5 front brakes and 99F body rear brakes onto it five years ago which I like but I am in no way a fan of grinding the rear caliper down for clearance. Then I notice the GTO calipers look of the same design but smooth radius so I wondered about the 15" fitment. So just to clarify the 15"s you sell clear the GTO but not the F-body is that correct?

Off set wise on the rear currently I run a -11 and thats a 9.5"x17" wheel. I'd love to go with a lightweight 15"x9" ( 8.5? ) wheel and I could probably get away with zero offset so do you have any options that you think might work for that? Providing of course that i can get the GTO calipers on easily enough.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can get them to clear each vehicle independently of each other. Call me if you need help. If you have c5 brakes, it would be a larger diameter wheel.

Search this Thread