Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Which drag radials???
Mickey Thompson
61.11%
Hossier
16.67%
BFG
11.11%
Nitto
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Which Drag Radials?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Which Drag Radials?

Trying to choose what drag radials to buy...

Looking for the 315/35/17 size so im looking into the following.

Anyone had any problems or just don't like a certain kind I have listed please let me know thanks.

In the poll I misspelled HOOSIER MY BAD!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:28 AM
10-Second Club

I've been looking at the same size. Here's some info I've gathered since this is a new size for me. The BFG's are only available in the old tread pattern in that size, not the new one from my research on some tire sites & BFG's site. The MT's seem to be on back order due to them relocating to a larger production plant. Nitto's are priced really well & are probably the best if you plan on driving on the street quite a bit & want the best mileage:performance ratio. And lastly, I have no input on the Hoosier DRs to report.

I tried to use the search to do more research here but the dumb *** company that took over the site screwed **** up & it's a pain in the *** to find stuff now since it seems only primitive searches yield any results.

Oh, and to close, I'm going with Nitto because they are cheap, work decently, and I know I'll get 10k miles+ out of them at least. If I could find a good deal on the MT's I'd probably ****** them up, but I am getting my new FM5's soon & don't feel like waiting for the MT's.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Modsquad
I've been looking at the same size. Here's some info I've gathered since this is a new size for me. The BFG's are only available in the old tread pattern in that size, not the new one from my research on some tire sites & BFG's site. The MT's seem to be on back order due to them relocating to a larger production plant. Nitto's are priced really well & are probably the best if you plan on driving on the street quite a bit & want the best mileage:performance ratio. And lastly, I have no input on the Hoosier DRs to report.

I tried to use the search to do more research here but the dumb *** company that took over the site screwed **** up & it's a pain in the *** to find stuff now since it seems only primitive searches yield any results.

Oh, and to close, I'm going with Nitto because they are cheap, work decently, and I know I'll get 10k miles+ out of them at least. If I could find a good deal on the MT's I'd probably ****** them up, but I am getting my new FM5's soon & don't feel like waiting for the MT's.

thanks for all your input i was wanting MT's and like you said since they are on backorder for awhile its a pain in the @$$ to wait. but then here lately ive been hearing about the Hoosier's that alotta ppl are using and i really want to learn more about how good they work and how long they last...
Old 02-01-2008, 08:04 AM
10-Second Club

Well, if they are 'THAT' good I could sacrifice some mileage. I just have yet to see anyone running them. Maybe I'll be a guinea pig & get some....I'll have to see if my buddy can get a hook up on them, but I'm not sure if Discount deal with Hoosier.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

i've had nothing but bad experiences with nittos...my car spins all over the place and wheel-hops with the 555r's ()....MT's have been good to me though. Hoosier makes a good tire too, but i have no personnal experience with them.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Hey i would go with Hoosiers although my old MT's are great and have had no problems with them (besides in the rain) but then again i just ordered these new Hoosiers i just got look really good and have heard nothing but great thing's about them so far but i also have heard you dont get alotta miles on them either.Now as for the BFG's those are great also i had those b4 my MT's and loved those to.So if i were you i would choose those 3 hope this helps good luck bro....