Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

15" rims from another vehicle fit an Fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 15" rims from another vehicle fit an Fbody?

Does anybody know of any 15" rims that came on another vehicle that will fit an F body that can be had for fairly cheap and that 26 x 10.5 MT ET streets will fit on? I have some 15" ET streets but no rims that will they will fit on that will fit an F body. I am hoping I can pick some up from a salvage yard or something. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends what kinda car. but just make sure they have the correct bolt pattern. but if they do fit they will more than likely stick out and look weird.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Well thats what I am asking, does anyone know of a specific type of rim or vehicle that had rims that are 15" and that will fit an F body and not look weird?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

try the 82-92 f body
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 PM
FormerVendor

If you want inexpensive wheels, consider welds economy series prostar/draglites.

The idea of a drag wheel is to decrease rotational and unsprung weight...not only to run a 15" tire. The weld economy series are about the lightest economy wheel out there...though you'll have to do some work to make them fit.

By doing so, you can lower ET times, 60ft, ...braking distances quite a bit. For example using our Bogarts can drop a rather easy 2 tenths of a second from a 1/4 mile. Using heavy wheels does not really help the cause or reason why one would use a 15" wheel. 15" wheels will decrease handling characteristics and general ride performance...so there's really no reason why to do so unless you're actually seeing a benefit from them.

If you want the lightest direct fit wheel on the market, our Bogarts would be best to consider. They are ~30% lighter than welds economy series wheels. Others have attempted to create a dual duty wheel...but at the expense of overall performance drastically being affected. Would you use an all season tire or a performance summer tire for best characteristics for a specific goal?

Using a 15" wheel...just to say you have one yet at the expense of being very heavy will be of little benefit. If your stock 16" wheel weighs 20lbs, and you use a heavy 15" wheel that weighs ~17 lbs...what gain do you think you'll see? Is it worth the money?

You're much better off choosing at worst if economy comes to mind a weld prostar or even a jegs prostar...you'll have to give up some time/effort to make them work...but at least you'll have better gains in the end compared to a heavy 15" wheel.

If you don't want to bother with fitment and you want the ultimate in weight savings, our Bogart 15" wheels are a direct fit and ARE the lightest direct fit wheel on the market today (and have been for over 12 years for the F-body).

btw, 3rd gen wheels will not fit as your rear-end is not the same length.

Good luck!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are using them for track only, then S10 wheels will fit. They will stick out past the quarter panel about an inch or so.

These are the type that I'm talking about
http://www.ackerwheel.com/www.ackerwheels.com_/5030.jpg
Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 PM

I wouldn't mess with that. Get something made for your car, and be safe.