Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

cray wheels on an f-body

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default cray wheels on an f-body

i am stuck on what wheels i want to replace my zo6's with, and ive never seen these on a camaro,, any reason why? i know they are kinda heavy but they look great, have a nice lip front and rear and arnt that expensive. anyone have any pics of an f body with either cray mantas or scorpions mounted?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since they only come in C5/C6 offsets, alot of people probably don't want to buy a brand new wheel knowing they need to use spacers to have them fit correctly on a Fbody...not to mention for what they cost, and what they are, there are better options...IMO
Old 02-26-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

part of why im interested in these wheels is that i plan on buying a c5 within the next year or soo. being that these wheels are technically for a c5, i could get them now instead of dropping money on some wheels that will only be for the camaro, get some spacers and be done with it. ive seen the scorpion wheels cray makes and they look good on vettes.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

Well, since you put it that way, its not really a bad plan...but if that is your plan, unless you have your heart set on those wheels, look around at some different styles. Also, check out C5 Parts for sale over at CorvetteForum.com to find some killer deals on wheel/tire combo's. Hell, since you are willing to run a spacer, you can find used low mileage CCWs for not much more than you'll have to pay for new Cray's!

Personally, I like the new Manta wheel...its kinda a ripoff of a Fikse FM10(but with a nice sized lip), which certainly isn't a bad thing
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Teching In

I have an ss and i was looking at the 18x9 scorpions with a 50mm all the way around.I think they look nice.FYI for the price you might consider the intro customs. Cray=439.00 intro custom=525.00(discount tire).
Old 09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

The 18x9 Crays with the 50mm offset will fit on all 4 corners of an F-body without spacers. You'd probably need spacers if you went with the 18x10.5s on the rears (65mm offset). I have the 18x9 scorpions on my T/A. Wish I would've gotten the wider rims for the rear though.

Quick Reply: cray wheels on an f-body