Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ordering new tires soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering new tires soon

Mostly just drive the car on the street but will take a few trips to the strip every once in a while, but also drive on some curvey back roads around my house. I was thinking about just getting 2 Nitto 555r's for the rears and leaving my street performance street tires on the front as they are like new (were on the car when I got it in august). So will I be ok with 555r's out back and street tires up front or should I match all 4 no matter what.

Also are the 555r's ok for some back road cruising? Any reccomendations and opinions welcome. Don't really want to go to the M/T radials because the car will see some rain and I need a tire that last's a little bit longer. As I've stated in a diff. thread 3.73's coming soon and maybe this summer if i can afford it a reasonable stall. 3600? I was thinking about going with. How bad does a stall like that effect fuel economy? Thanks
Old 03-01-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would mount street tires on all four wheels. Then if you have the money, buy two more wheels and mount MT drag radials on the rear.

Thats what I'm doing at least.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the 555r's on the rear and street performance on the front. It handles very well. You should be fine with this combo. Also, at my hp level, the nitto's hook like glue
Old 03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

thanks LivingCanvas thats what I'm going to go with for now.

JS: I'll eventually save up for some drag rims and tires once I start taking it to the track more and have some more mods done.

Thank you both for a reply.