Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got some new shoes, yeah there sumitomos

315/35 17 on rear
275/40 17 on front

painted ZR1's 9.5" wide in the front and 11" wide in the rear

got the wheels for free, traded stock wheels for them, and paid 450 bones for the tires and I love it, no modifications needed to fit it all.

Need some advice though, I was thinking about painting the wheels a dark gun metal or black, I'm not diggin the silver. What do yall think I should do, chrome is out of the question and so is powder coating.

BTW- for all you sumitomo haters out there, these tires are great for the money. Yeah you get what you pay for, but for a daily driver thats mostly stock with a driver who likes to do burnouts and donuts, they are the perfect combination. I would feel stupid doing donuts on a $1200 set of BFG's. The grip is really great for stock horsepower, but will probably have to get drag radials after a few more mods. And it is possible to have a tire almost perfectly balanced from the factory which most sumitomos require almost no weight to balance, especially using the premium balance which takes into account road force and the shape of the tire and the light spot on the wheel. I work at discount tire and have the credentials to back up what i say.

Soo if your just gona dog sumitomos , then please don't reply to this post.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For the money, you really cant beat em. As far as the wheels go, I would do em black before gunmetal.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best bang for your buck why go pay 200$ plus each for something your going spin the tires in
Old 03-26-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

i'd leave the wheels just the way they are....