Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

what do you think about "american racing" being built in CHINA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do you think about "american racing" being built in CHINA?

me personally i hate that idea of it! i really take pride in things that are made here in america..... i also think they should lower the price if they are gonna go the china route for the soul purpose of saving money yet the wheels didnt go down in price, they have gone up...... i say that if they are gonna choose to have a name like american racing they should have the product made in america! now i know other companys do this and hell the GTO is built in austrialia, and some GM cars are made in canada but atleast general motor dont call it american general motors.... lol what are your thoughts? jake
Old 04-02-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does not surprise me one bit. It is all about the $$$$.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well honestly it wouldnt bother me so much but i know how china pumps stuff out...... wham bam thank you america
Old 04-02-2008, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

If this weren't the case, would you be willing to pay $3,000 for a set of Torque-Thrust 2 wheels? Guess what, most OEM wheels are made overseas too.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, but not only that look at how they work their people and the childern. Big time human rights violations.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya, but i think at one time american racing wheels were made in america.....am i right?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if that lowers the price and the quality remains the same i say go for it.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
Yep, but not only that look at how they work their people and the childern. Big time human rights violations.
Ever done any history research on working conditions in the USA, say 30+ years ago? Before all the big safety (OSHA, unions, etc..) came around? China is just not as caught up in that regard, but we were just as bad a few decades ago. The Chinese aren't forced to work, they are just hard working people and choose to go to work to make an income. Americans for the most part are lazy by comparison. I hate saying that, but it is true.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Who is the actual producer of American Racing wheels? I have been trying to do some research about the company, but keep coming up empty handed. If the wheels are made over in China, what company actually makes them?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

That's funny. I've been there before (years ago) as they owned Haas CNC machines, and I would go to install/service the machines. Maybe they make a few entry level lines there?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Ever done any history research on working conditions in the USA, say 30+ years ago? Before all the big safety (OSHA, unions, etc..) came around? China is just not as caught up in that regard, but we were just as bad a few decades ago. The Chinese aren't forced to work, they are just hard working people and choose to go to work to make an income. Americans for the most part are lazy by comparison. I hate saying that, but it is true.
To answer your first question, yes I do know about working conditions here 30yrs ago.I think you meant to say more like 60+ years ago. I do not recall that we worked childern here 30yrs ago as they do in China. You said China has just not caught up to us in the human rights area?? Caught up?? Their history goes back for thousands of years, ours only a few hundred. To answer your second comment about Americans being lazy, I do not know what you are basing this on, maybe that is just your opinion, unless you have actual facts on that?? I do know for a fact that Americans work longer hours than anywhere else in the world.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

ah well, this thread isn't going to turn out good. We'd rather avoid the political debates here, site policy.

Closed.