Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

dont know what size to get TT2's?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont know what size to get TT2's?!

Well, its about time to get some new wheels on my T/A, and I cant decide on a wheel size for the rear.

I dont know if I should just run 17x9.5" all the way around, or get the 17x11's in the rear.

For the guys that have them, does the improved looks/traction justify getting them, over not being able to rotate your tires?

Oh yea, Ill probably be lowered on Hotchkis springs, will I need to beat in my inner fender? Ill roll my fenders anyway, just in case...
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

If you go TT2's you must go with 11's in the back, if not it is worthless to buy'em IMO.

It improves looks a lot and traction a little, no need to roll your fenders with stock height, but if you decide to lower it you might gonna need to do it.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I vote 11's in the rear. It looks soo good, imo. I get compliments everywhere, and it screams muscle car from behind. I'm really glad I didn't go with the 9.5's

My Sumitomo's hook tons better than my 245 GS-D3's did, fwiw. I don't have experience with 275's though, so I can't compare those two, sorry.

Rotations don't bother me than much. With my last tires (the 245's), the rears wore out insanely faster than the fronts, so I figured I might as well just buy new rears, instead of having 2 worn tires on the front. If you think about it, the fronts don't really wear down too quick, unless you road race or do brake checks a lot. That was my reasoning, at least.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You don't need 11s to get good traction, most people do it for the looks. You will have a bigger selection on tires with a 9.5 wheel. It really comes down to the look of the 315s, not everyone likes them, but alot do. You have to decide if you like that look.