Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Fittment issues. O.E. concepts 17x9.5"

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Fittment issues. O.E. concepts 17x9.5"

Ok i bought these from tomzwheels...called em up about my fitment issues. Got some good over the phone help. Apparently the LCA will hang down, looking like the wheels won't fit. The tire shop (firestone) wouldn't set the car down fearing the rims would be damaged. (don't blame them) I'm sure she was right over the phone...forget her name Is she right?

But could anyone tell me why the rears will not fit? I got 17x9.5" on the back as well. with a 315 nitto, which is no bigger than a 275 falken that I put on the front....maybe a tiny bit bigger. 285. The tire was against the bump stop when he set the wheel on it. Maybe with the rear end hanging down it caused the issue. If it were jacked up by the rearend, would it fit then? Wish I brought the camera I could explain myself better.

Please help...
Old 04-24-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You didn't do your home work . . .

All 17" x 11" ZR1 replicas, need to be installed with the axle supported, you cannot install them with the axle hanging or the wheel will contact the bumpstop . . . no worries though the BS will never contact the wheel during driving . .

Up front makes no sence they are basically the exact same wheels as OEM on the SS . . .
Old 04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
You didn't do your home work . . .

All 17" x 11" ZR1 replicas, need to be installed with the axle supported, you cannot install them with the axle hanging or the wheel will contact the bumpstop . . . no worries though the BS will never contact the wheel during driving . .

Up front makes no sence they are basically the exact same wheels as OEM on the SS . . .
That sucks, cuz I really thought i did and i was 100% sure that i wouldn't have a problem with fitment. AND I SHOULDN'T...but I didn't look up what you had to do when you installed them...my bad. Shouldn't of firestone have known that if they jacked it up by the rear or load the front axles...that they would fit.

So if it's jacked by the rear end and the front axles are loaded i should be fine?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
Shouldn't of firestone have known that if they jacked it up by the rear or load the front axles...that they would fit.
Not really. They are just there to install the tires and mount the rims, not play guess work as to why they won't fit. If I was in their position I wouldn't have installed them either. They are covering their own asses.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Not really. They are just there to install the tires and mount the rims, not play guess work as to why they won't fit. If I was in their position I wouldn't have installed them either. They are covering their own asses.
I guess i can see that...thx guys, i'll give them a call back...they've been great to me so far.