11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

You guys think I will be in the 11's

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You guys think I will be in the 11's

hey guys I have a 1999 Z28 M6 that is my nexy playtoy. So far it just has a lid and a SLP cat-back. I am ordering a set of BRM LCA's, BMR Pan Hard Rod, weld in subframe connectors, Pacesettlers Long tubes, ORY-pipe, some sort of CAM, need advice on a good street driven car, 4.10 gear, and a NX 100hp shot. I am hopin to go mid to low 12's N/A and then some mid to high 11's. Doin all of it on street tires. its a street car, so i am goin to run on all out street tires. This summer my 12-bolt will be here, with that and my Ram 980 clutch i am goin to try some hard launches and try to get some 11.4's. Open to any advice. What does it take to get into the 11's?
Old 01-30-2005, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXfedZ-28
hey guys I have a 1999 Z28 M6 that is my nexy playtoy. So far it just has a lid and a SLP cat-back. I am ordering a set of BRM LCA's, BMR Pan Hard Rod, weld in subframe connectors, Pacesettlers Long tubes, ORY-pipe, some sort of CAM, need advice on a good street driven car, 4.10 gear, and a NX 100hp shot. I am hopin to go mid to low 12's N/A and then some mid to high 11's. Doin all of it on street tires. its a street car, so i am goin to run on all out street tires. This summer my 12-bolt will be here, with that and my Ram 980 clutch i am goin to try some hard launches and try to get some 11.4's. Open to any advice. What does it take to get into the 11's?
Doing all those mods and skipping on the tires seems like a waste to me. All that power is worthless if you can't get it to the ground. Add a set of MT drag radials to your list of mods and you'll probably hit 11s without the nitrous.

Open to any advice.
Skip the gears & nitrous (for now). Put that money on your 12 bolt and DRs. Then go run some 11s N/A. Get the nitrous later and go 10s.

Last edited by EvilLS1; 01-30-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get some tires with that and it will be an 11 sec car Fo-Shizzel.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

Should be a low 11 second car easy if you can get it to hook. Why the 4.11s? They'll probrably suck with the nitrous and a 26" tire. You might want to look at 3.73s as a good alternative. I wouldn't go with a street tire either, that can get down right dangerous esspecially if track prep is shitty or if your just playing on the street. A good drag radial should do the trick for you. Depending on your budget you might want to look into some drag shocks and a heavier rear sway bar too.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Launching!

i agree i think u can make it with some good tires
Old 03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Teching In

no problem with good tires.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Banned

Cheesing out on tires?? Like cheesing out on the rubbers with your new girlfriend.. you NEVER know what the hell you gonna get!

Get some tires.. I hate when I see people say "Its a street car.. I need street tires".

Guess what.. IF IT WAS YOUR STREET CAR.. WHY THE F- ARE YOU GETTING JUICE, 4.11'S LT HEADERS ect. ect??????

Stop building a half assed car.

ET Streets for the track... your shitty potenza's for the street..

PERIOD.. ENOUGH SAID
Old 03-16-2005, 03:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

4.11s here and 275/40 BFG DRs on 01-02 SS rims....doing pretty good hooking from a dig. But Im talking on the street...dunno about the track...get a shitty prepped track and your gonna wish you had more than BFG DRs---> ET Streets....

But Im N/A for now....add the juice and I dunno...will be my first bottle

I know it might sound crazy, but Im planning to spray it the summer with these gears on the BFGs just to see how she does... If I get too squirrely Im gonna have to roll the fender lips and go with some tall *** tires...which I really dont wanna do....

Im trying to see how close of a street setup I can keep and still hook...

Not to take away your thread, but I think you may be interested...got any questions of how the car feels the way I have it set up now shoot away.... Not tuned but is coming this week...will update...hopefully I pic up some power, but on the same note, hopefully I keep the traction I have now...I dunno...my first cammed LS1...

Just thought I'd add that because my mods are pretty much what your shootin for minus the suspension stuff..all I have is new bushings and a solid torque arm...stock ride height...works well, You'd be surprised... Like I said I wanna see what the limits of a pretty much stock LS1 suspension....
Old 03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wyckedcamaro
Cheesing out on tires?? Like cheesing out on the rubbers with your new girlfriend.. you NEVER know what the hell you gonna get!

Get some tires.. I hate when I see people say "Its a street car.. I need street tires".

Guess what.. IF IT WAS YOUR STREET CAR.. WHY THE F- ARE YOU GETTING JUICE, 4.11'S LT HEADERS ect. ect??????

Stop building a half assed car.

ET Streets for the track... your shitty potenza's for the street..

PERIOD.. ENOUGH SAID

It is a ****** street car. And guess what, MY ****** name is own the reg. card, not yours. So in other words SHUT THE **** UP!!

PERIOD... ENOUGH SAID!!

ps- thanks to the guys who have actually helped me and not talked ****. As I stated before I dont want to have to go to the track and swap out tires all the ****** time. That is IMHO is just stupid. I can understand it will spin all over the place. but I want to be able to say I can run a 11.9@12X on any street of america. Thats why I want to run street tires.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

ya but u wont run a 11.9 on street tires on every street in the world, street tires will be very inconsistent, i dont even know why your gunna get a 12 bolt, u wont break it, u need traction for that. i say get some drag radials they classify as street tire in my book
Old 03-20-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fast98
ya but u wont run a 11.9 on street tires on every street in the world, street tires will be very inconsistent, i dont even know why your gunna get a 12 bolt, u wont break it, u need traction for that. i say get some drag radials they classify as street tire in my book
Yeah those potenzas wont even warrant a 12 bolt, I'd say at least get some good street tires...not knocking on your tires, but I can tell you right now your just gonna spin..I thought I could do fine with my Fisk Phantoms, but I was made a believer after I got my first set of DRs...

Theres no way to explain it, just go get yourself some DRs, and you'll never look back No more rolling into the throttle in 2nd lol...just stab it at the top of first and WOT after that

I run my BFG DRs on the street all day long...granted I'll probably only get 15K miles out of them, but like you said, I can run pretty damn close to what I run at the track with them...any street except those ones that have that slick *** concrete that squeals when you step on the gas

Also, when I say you can get 15K miles out of them...you probably wont get but that with any street tire & high HP because its just too much fun to jab the throttle and sit sideways all the time.. the DRs keeps that to a minimum..

Again, Im not knocking your tires...but dude, once you have tried them, you'll understand that its a huuge improvement...

Heck, even some Eagle F1 GSD3's would be just fine, but those cost twice as much as DRs Its really a good deal...when you think about it..
Old 03-20-2005, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

I daily drive on nitto extreme drags.. As i'm sure almost everyone else does (or some sort of other drag radial). Drive it to the track and race it and drive it on the street and race it.. No tire changing and its still a street car. Nittos last much longer than any other drag radial ive tried and still hook for me on the street. Of course i cant lauch at 6k on them but when do you ever launch on a street race, that just came up without a moments notice.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by leeluther252
I daily drive on nitto extreme drags.. As i'm sure almost everyone else does (or some sort of other drag radial). Drive it to the track and race it and drive it on the street and race it.. No tire changing and its still a street car. Nittos last much longer than any other drag radial ive tried and still hook for me on the street. Of course i cant lauch at 6k on them but when do you ever launch on a street race, that just came up without a moments notice.
^^^ All true
Old 03-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

i know what you are saying man, i want the street tire time also along with the other tire times, although i know it will never be as fast as it will on "track tires" but yes i will take it to the track atleast once and see what it will do in daily driven form. i drive 40 miles to work everyday and i just cant run DR's all the time. But trust me there is two more sets of stock rear wheels and tires in my garage one holding Nitto's and the other with 16 in et streets on stock wheels, (hey at a glance on the street they look stock) i was cuttin 1.99's on Nitto 450's just regular tires not DR's, but now with the heads, cam, intake, headers, ory, spec 3 clutch and a 200 shot, i know not even the progressive controler will make a difference with 600 rwhp but what the hell i am gonna try it. thats y i have a trailer and a jack so i can change tires at the track. Call me stupid call me dumb i just wanna do it. More power to ya man, and let me know what it does.

jmac
Old 03-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmac_98ls1
i know what you are saying man, i want the street tire time also along with the other tire times, although i know it will never be as fast as it will on "track tires" but yes i will take it to the track atleast once and see what it will do in daily driven form. i drive 40 miles to work everyday and i just cant run DR's all the time. But trust me there is two more sets of stock rear wheels and tires in my garage one holding Nitto's and the other with 16 in et streets on stock wheels, (hey at a glance on the street they look stock) i was cuttin 1.99's on Nitto 450's just regular tires not DR's, but now with the heads, cam, intake, headers, ory, spec 3 clutch and a 200 shot, i know not even the progressive controler will make a difference with 600 rwhp but what the hell i am gonna try it. thats y i have a trailer and a jack so i can change tires at the track. Call me stupid call me dumb i just wanna do it. More power to ya man, and let me know what it does.

jmac
dude I 100% agree with you on that. thats how I am. I do alot of driving back from school to work. I cant afford to buy a new set of DR's every few months. I got my nitrous kit yesterday and stuck it on tonight. I am ordering my Ram 910 or Spec Stage 3 clutch soon. I am going to have this all on video also. For you guys that talk ****, I am goin to show you how to hook on a street tire
Old 03-21-2005, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fast98
ya but u wont run a 11.9 on street tires on every street in the world
I do....

I went 11.30 off stock factory 18" goodyear runflats. Switched tires to the ET's (had to take off the rear brakes) and ran the same 60' (pushed through the lights when stalled).

It can be done. You certainly can't do it with 4.xxx gears or a big cam so forget that. My setup is as close as you are gonna get to a street radial car in the tens. It just takes some thinking outside of the box.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Homeslice (tm)
I do....

I went 11.30 off stock factory 18" goodyear runflats. Switched tires to the ET's (had to take off the rear brakes) and ran the same 60' (pushed through the lights when stalled).

It can be done. You certainly can't do it with 4.xxx gears or a big cam so forget that. My setup is as close as you are gonna get to a street radial car in the tens. It just takes some thinking outside of the box.
Yeah I remember when I had my regular tires, and had to roll into the throttle in 1st & 2nd...and still would murder people out of the hole...it's just less sweat when you can pretty much nail the throttle & go....although I kindof regret the fact that Im going to be buying a new pair so soon...but they are'nt that expensive...I think like $160 ea? dont remember how much the rears were...

It certainly is fun pulling up next to someone on the street & them noticing you on some funky street tire, then proceeding to outlaunch them anyways...especially if they are running DRs

good times
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

. I say wait on the 12 bolt till you break the 10 bolt, It could last for ever or one pass, The 12 bolt will also break with a 6 speed. 2..It isnt safe to use a High mileage tire with 400+/- horse power,you are asking for trouble. I would get a set of Drag radials for the street. Trust me otherwise civics are going to beat you cause you cant get any traction.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Homeslice (tm)
I do....

i have to disagree, the same thing goes for you, u wont run that 11.30 on every street in the world, not even close. i consider it a safety factor, no street tire is gunna hold 400 rwhp like a drar radial will. nittos are way cheaper then your runflats. i just dont get the point of saying i ran this on street tires and i drive around on them every day. i know u wanna say u can run the same thing on the street as u did at the track, but theres still gunna be vht down most of the time, u gunna make them clean it up so u can run without it, cause your not gunna have it on the street. just my point of view
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

i am hopefully going to have my car done for the test and tune in memphis the night before the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags. i plan on taking it down on a trailer bolting on the et streets and either being a hero or zero with the ten bolt, then its time for the 9 in drop in i already ordered it but what is the fun of replacing it till you shell it on slicks, right?

Quick Reply: You guys think I will be in the 11's