12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

12.94 @ 110

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12.94 @ 110

Not much into the 12's but still counts. Completely stock on an old street tire I ran a 13.7 as my best. As of right now my Camaro has tsp long tubes, tsp rumbler true dual, Slp flow pack intake, 85mm maf, and a tune. I have no doubt I could probably be a Lil faster but 1: my clutch sticks to the floor if I shift above 5500. And 2: I really need to work on my launch. Best time so far, on a nitto nt05, was my 12.94 @ 110 with a 2.16 60ft.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats.

Sounds like you probably need a new clutch setup. You can change the clutch fluid and try the drill mod on the master cylinder to see if that helps, but it'll just be a remedy for the problem if the clutch/pp is bad.

What tires are you on? Getting the launch down takes some seat time and that 60' definitely needs some work, but the more you practice the better it'll get. Trying 3500rpm and quickly slipping the clutch as a starting point, then move up the rpm until you reach the threshold of the tires.

Good luck!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:03 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks man. I'm running the 315/35 NT05 radials right now. Pretty much everything in the clutch system is new but I'm thinking its gotta be the master so I talked the woman into buying me a tick, along with a cam and other goodies. Also picked up a umi drag bar, heard that helps a lot with the launch.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Governmule
Thanks man. I'm running the 315/35 NT05 radials right now. Pretty much everything in the clutch system is new but I'm thinking its gotta be the master so I talked the woman into buying me a tick, along with a cam and other goodies. Also picked up a umi drag bar, heard that helps a lot with the launch.
So it's got a new clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, slave cylinder etc?

If that's the case then yes, I would try out the Tick and see how it works. If it were me I would get everything running correctly with just bolt-on's before throwing a cam at it, just so you know everything is in good order.

Drag bar will help but I don't think it's necessary yet. It will keep the rear end nice and level while launching though. Like I said before seat time is you best friend. And those nitto's should do the job, just make sure you have them at the correct psi and do a nice solid burnout.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

The friend I bought the car from had the entire clutch system replaced except the master right before I bought it. The drag bar I got used for $100 so I figured I could just grab that instead of spending $400 on a new one. Seat time is something I don't have much of at all. I've only ever gone to the track twice and maybe got 5 runs both times. But when I run the car now I'll be able to go full out through first and second but have to shift early going into any higher gears.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:03 PM

My clutch did the same thing the other night when I was shifting up high. Good job on the times though!

Quick Reply: 12.94 @ 110