Notices
12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

Target; 12.99 or better

Old 04-14-2018, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Originally Posted by MikeyZ28SS View Post
Headers on it then?
Nope, just Mac cat deletes on stock manifolds into the stock exhaust with a cutout.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Good to know.
BTW. Love the Lemans Wagon, read through the first 5 pages of the post so far. Very cool!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Good to know.
BTW. Love the Lemans Wagon, read through the first 5 pages of the post so far. Very cool!
Thanks! If you feel so inclined it continues here after May 17 (it is getting an 4L80E now): https://gbodyforum.com/threads/1980-...llation.49375/
Old 04-16-2018, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Is that flash best completely off idle, or hold pwr brake at 1,000 to 1,200?
I do it from idle for a couple reasons... one the whole point of flashing is that your hitting the convertor quicker so you can blow right past the rpm it would normally couple at and get a little extra stall out of a stock convertor. the other reason is that higher stall motion is going to abruptly transfer weight so you will end up with more weight planting the rear tires vs. preloading the drivetrain.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Default that makes sense...

Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
I do it from idle for a couple reasons... one the whole point of flashing is that your hitting the convertor quicker so you can blow right past the rpm it would normally couple at and get a little extra stall out of a stock convertor. the other reason is that higher stall motion is going to abruptly transfer weight so you will end up with more weight planting the rear tires vs. preloading the drivetrain.
I get it, so the sudden impact provides more immediate launch at a higher stall speed, than preloading the chassis allows.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:19 AM
12 Second Club

I get it, so the sudden impact provides more immediate launch at a higher stall speed, than preloading the chassis allows.
that is my opinion , but you know what they say about opinions lol

when I took my stalled auto car to the track that is what i did , full weight ,far from full bolt ons and it ended up with a fuel delivery issue at the top end that we hadn't noticed on the street ended up a bad pump... got it to go 12.1 @112 that night on 1.6 60 foots also had to pull the front sway and throw my toolbox in the trunk to get it to fully hook , street nights are hard to find traction so really it was more than full weight but da was real good i rarely go to the track and never go to the track without negative da....
Old 04-18-2018, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
that is my opinion , but you know what they say about opinions lol
when I took my stalled auto car to the track that is what i did , full weight ,far from full bolt ons and it ended up with a fuel delivery issue at the top end that we hadn't noticed on the street ended up a bad pump... got it to go 12.1 @112 that night on 1.6 60 foots also had to pull the front sway and throw my toolbox in the trunk to get it to fully hook , street nights are hard to find traction so really it was more than full weight but da was real good i rarely go to the track and never go to the track without negative da....
I bring my spare and jack with me, just in case, and then pull them for my runs, if needed can always throw the spare or even the jack back in of needed for traction.
Thanks Murph! Appreciate the input.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Lol....it's a joke. Hopefully I'll get to see ya there someday
Grand Poohbah!
I'm going back to Mason-Dixon this Sunday, just in case you're thinking about abusing your Camaro a bit ;-)
Mike
Old 04-23-2018, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Lol......well i abused 3 valves the other day in my camaro. So it will be a bit for me yet.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Wow, you need to do a little less "abusing", or so it sounds!
Sorry to hear about the down time, and valves... Hopefully it doesn't hurt your wallet to badly too!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Target; 12.99 or better

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: