12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

What do you expect I should run???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do you expect I should run???

I have 4.11's, SPEC Stage III, QTP LT's, Custom X-Pipe and dynomax bullets and dumpouts, lid, HPP3, 295/35 ZR18 BFG G-Force T/A KD's out back, a bunch of suspension and chassis stuff. I feel like i'm leaving something out, but it is probably not too significant. Last time I ran the 1320 was when i was basically stock with a lid and cutout and i ran a 13.49 at 108. What do you guys think I should run? I am a very decent driver but I won't launch too hard.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

It will be hard to get Traction on the 18s but I don't why it wouldn't hit like a mid to high 12 at around 112 to 113 MPH. I have pretty close to the same mods on my SS but I run on Nittos and have a little weight out, and launch kindove hard, 3500 RPM. Times in Sig.

Dan
Old 09-27-2004, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ONGRNGO
It will be hard to get Traction on the 18s but I don't why it wouldn't hit like a mid to high 12 at around 112 to 113 MPH. I have pretty close to the same mods on my SS but I run on Nittos and have a little weight out, and launch kindove hard, 3500 RPM. Times in Sig. Dan
Sounds about right... SSMOKE-U, how's your driving?
Old 09-27-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TRAGIC
Sounds about right... SSMOKE-U, how's your driving?
I can drive there is no question about that, I just don't like launching it hard. I have launched somewhat aggressively off the line twice at the track and both times I have had nasty wheel hop. Feels like the whole car is going to shake apart. One of the times I had the hop I actually felt something fly out of my gearbox and smack my helmet. It turns out it was part of the plastic trim that holds the shiftboot in place. The car was hopping so bad that a piece of that broke off and flew out. Nonetheless, I think I should be able to run mid 12's without too much of a problem if I get a good launch.