LTX Shootout Covers all LTX Shootout events

Smack Talk thread LTX Shootout 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
well, popo just put a set of tires on layaway...
LOL...great idea....

and thanks for the sig quote....
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Popo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGpxh1QuW5U[/QUOTE]

I love this movie haha, watched it the other day just for ***** n giggles
Old 04-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by popo8
then there should be no issue slapping down a cool 1k.[/B]
That's an awful lot to ask for someone who's putting in a **** ton of money into a project, then covering all event costs. Now yes, he did shoot his mouth off and all, but it's quite obvious he has a ricer mentality, is scared and was trying to lamely call a bluff. I mean his **** isn't even done yet and he's already yacking. IMO if this is to happen there should be some room allowed to negotiate. Seems w/ the lack of response on his end he is no longer interested and maybe won't even show, so if you want this to happen it'd probably be a good idea to take some of his crap into consideration? What I mean by that is, say he runs a bottle then counter with him only being able to run a very small shot and give you the jump. If he refuses and you are confident you can beat him then give him the jump. Say you two run on a pro tree and you tell him he can leave at the first yellow.
No, but seriously, both of you should try to hammer this out and come up with an agreement you both can run, but that's up to you. I mean he did say he'd "rape" your car so perhaps it's enough satisfaction to call his bluff and have him bitch out?

Oh, and Tango and Cash? It had it's moments, but I'm old enough to where I saw it in theater when it first came out and everyone booed **** out of the movie when they stole a "Now we're cookin'" line directly from Lethal Weapon 2.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

SS RRR-- why are you always so interested in every shootout event? You NEVER go, but you always add your $.02 into every thread about it.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

SS RRR... i understand what your saying, but at the same time its not MY fault he is writing checks his car cant handle..... at least not yet if its not complete. in fact my sig lays it out.... what i drive.... whats dun to it etc .... im get shots in the dark as to ehat hd has. $1,000 is alotta mone.... but all the things u list for him as reasons for it to br to much... are all things i went thru and will go thru as well..... IE lets say i go to launch and i grenade the 9"..... i gotta get thd car home.... i gotta but a new rear or replave what broke.... thats money outta my pocket. Why shouldnt the risk match the payout.....

As for the n20..... it cant happen. his challenge is based on his NA car rapimg my BOOSTED car.... then msking the drive home......

As far as y he has not responded.... i can only speculate.....
Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

oh yeah.... and this is not PINKS w RICH CHRISTEANSEN... im not negotiating lengths. no one negotiates a "RAPE."
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by popo8
oh yeah.... and this is not PINKS w RICH CHRISTEANSEN... im not negotiating lengths. no one negotiates a "RAPE."
LOL... understood. I was just saying that may be a chunk of change because it's highly unlikely his **** has been put together and won't be ready until close to the event, but I understand your POV completely. You were called out in a boisterous way therefore it's up to you how it should go down. Heads up is more than fair with the way he carried on. Regardless, this has been an enjoyable read and I salute you.

Originally Posted by joelster
SS RRR-- why are you always so interested in every shootout event? You NEVER go, but you always add your $.02 into every thread about it.
Is it really that much of a problem that you have to whine about it?
I was heavily involved in the car/f-body scene from the early 90's to the early 2000's from auto cross to taking road trips to different drag strips with a very active f-body club as well as going on a power tour. Been there and done that. I'd rather take the money and put it towards a vacation. Car obligations are far down on the totem pole these days. If you don't understand that, perhaps some day you will...

Last edited by SS RRR; 04-15-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I must be doing something right. The 2 biggest trolls on this site (popo8 and SS RRR) are all over me.

Popo, you agreed to a race with no mention of money. That was what I had in mind. I'm not a dumb kid who throws away money so if you want to change the race, you will have to agree to the conditions posted. Otherwise, we run the race already agreed to.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR
LOL... understood. I was just saying that may be a chunk of change because it's highly unlikely his **** has been put together and won't be ready until close to the event, but I understand your POV completely. You were called out in a boisterous way therefore it's up to you how it should go down. Heads up is more than fair with the way he carried on. Regardless, this has been an enjoyable read and I salute you.

Is it really that much of a problem that you have to whine about it?
I was heavily involved in the car/f-body scene from the early 90's to the early 2000's from auto cross to taking road trips to different drag strips with a very active f-body club as well as going on a power tour. Been there and done that. I'd rather take the money and put it towards a vacation. Car obligations are far down on the totem pole these days. If you don't understand that, perhaps some day you will...
If you don't have the spare coin to mod your car and come to the shootout I understand. Spare me the been there done that. You are no car pioneer with tales to tell.

What I don't understand is why you have to stick your nose into everyone else's business who do plan on going to the shootout and why you always have to put your opinion into things that you have no intention and no funding to attend. Last year you **** up every single shootout thread you possibly could. Probably a big reason why you got your pink s/n and avatar.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 05HD
I must be doing something right. The 2 biggest trolls on this site (popo8 and SS RRR) are all over me.

Popo, you agreed to a race with no mention of money. That was what I had in mind. I'm not a dumb kid who throws away money so if you want to change the race, you will have to agree to the conditions posted. Otherwise, we run the race already agreed to.
What class are you planning on running? What kind of car?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Village Troll

If you don't have the spare coin to mod your car and come to the shootout I understand. Spare me the been there done that. You are no car pioneer with tales to tell.
Needing some attention?
Not claiming to be a pioneer. Just stating I did the f-body gathering/racing thing for many years and have other interests now. Fascinating how your mind works. I tell you exactly the way it is and like an unstable liberal retard you take that and jumble it with a bunch of hyperbole nonsense.
What I don't understand is why you have to stick your nose into everyone else's business who do plan on going to the shootout and why you always have to put your opinion into things that you have no intention and no funding to attend. Last year you **** up every single shootout thread you possibly could. Probably a big reason why you got your pink s/n and avatar.
Maybe, but the only thread I ever "**** up" was yours. And that "shitting up" was nothing more than calling you out to race at Cecil, which you promptly bitched out of.
Do you need to whine about anything else? Does it bother you that much I am in here trying to instigate a money race?

Actually you agreed to a money race, and with the confidence you have displayed on how you'd "rape" his car, it would be easy money... or do you take that all back now... LOL
Old 04-15-2012, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Needing some attention?
Not claiming to be a pioneer. Just stating I did the f-body gathering/racing thing for many years and have other interests now. Fascinating how your minds works. I tell you exactly the way it is and like an unstable liberal retard you take that and jumble it with a bunch of hyperbole nonsense.
You love to put a spin on everything I say, lol. I'm hardly liberal nor a retard. I just call you out on your "lack of funds" and you get irate. Self-reflection is a bitch. You come into this board and live vicariously through other people that have the means to do what you can't. Quote that and go put a spin on it like you always do.

Maybe, but the only thread I ever "**** up" was yours. And that "shitting up" was nothing more than calling you out to race at Cecil, which you promptly bitched out of.
Do you need to whine about anything else? Does it bother you that much I am in here trying to instigate a money race?
You **** up 3 threads and were warned by a mod, try to get your facts straight. I never bitched out of running at Cecil, lol, again get your facts straight. I commented about how you had to take your car to one of the lowest tracks in the country in the fall when the air is amazing to get your 11.22 time, and you balked and said prove it. Apparently you still don't understand density altitude. Talk about a weak callout thread, you want me to drive 400 miles into your backyard to race you, but i'm a ***** if I don't go. Why don't you meet me at my home track Empire Dragway?

Or better yet, come to the shootout, lol. There's quite a few people that want to meet you.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Village Troll

I'm hardly liberal nor a retard.
You are right. You are neither. My apologies. It's just a little odd you obsess over my monetary situation and, when I explain my lack of interest in events like this, it somehow has a double meaning. Confusing, but your mind is made up. Believe what you want, dear boy.
You **** up 3 threads and were warned by a mod, try to get your facts straight. I never bitched out of running at Cecil, lol, again get your facts straight.
I only know of one. Perhaps you can supply links to the other two and refresh my memory? As far as Cecil is concerned. You were complaining how perfect, lovely and wonderful the weather was at Cecil and how slow my car is. I gave you an opportunity to try either Cecil or MIR out and you pulled a 05HD and try to change things up. You missed the point. I was trying to get you to run to see if you could best your times, like you promised it would, and beat me at a good track and, from what I read, you decided it was against your best interest. What's weird is I accepted your money race. It would have been easy for you and you would've had most everything covered, yet for some reason you declined.
Or better yet, come to the shootout, lol. There's quite a few people that want to meet you.
And?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

You are right. You are neither. My apologies. It's just a little odd you obsess over my monetary situation and, when I explain my lack of interest in events like this, it somehow has a double meaning. Confusing, but your mind is made up. Believe what you want, dear boy.
I don't obsess over your monetary or lack there-of situation. It's just painfully obvious why you car sits idle all the time. You say it's a "lack of interest" yet your post count on an LT1 specific car site would say quite the opposite. When I type a reply to you there is a part of me that truly has some pity for you. It's hard for me to grasp that a 45 year old guy is trying so hard to derail every online thread about something that others enjoy. Just let it go man, lol.

I only know of one. Perhaps you can supply links to the other two and refresh my memory? As far as Cecil is concerned. You were complaining how perfect, lovely and wonderful the weather was at Cecil and how slow my car is. I gave you an opportunity to try either Cecil or MIR out and you pulled a 05HD and try to change things up. You missed the point. I was trying to get you to run to see if you could best your times, like you promised it would, and beat me at a good track and, from what I read, you decided it was against your best interest. What's weird is I accepted your money race. It would have been easy for you and you would've had most everything covered, yet for some reason you declined.

And?
You accepted my money race? LMAO, there you go AGAIN twisting my words around. You didn't accept anything. Here's my money race:

Easy money? You are right, it would be easy money. Here's my money callout to you.......

Show up to the shootout on September 3rd and race me heads up.

My $500 to your $20.

Got that?

You've got 6 months to prepare. There's your motivation.
Gee, I don't recall seeing you there. Oh wait, that's because you stayed home and posted while we were racing..

From this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...t=ltx+shootout

Here's another one you **** up:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...t=ltx+shootout

I can post a few more if you want but the LS1tech search sucks and it takes a while.

As far as people wanting to meet you, well, that was sarcasm.

Again, just let it go. You won't be at the shootout, we all know this. Just sit back and spectate online.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thread cracks me up. Good stories.... Would read again! Who is holding the side bets? Can we place bets on no shows? Blah blah blah....... This sounds like street racers out here in chitown. Call out is a call out. Now change rules after a call out. Should be interesting at the shootout......
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Village Troll

I don't obsess over your monetary or lack there-of situation. It's just painfully obvious why you car sits idle all the time. You say it's a "lack of interest" yet your post count on an LT1 specific car site would say quite the opposite. When I type a reply to you there is a part of me that truly has some pity for you. It's hard for me to grasp that a 45 year old guy is trying so hard to derail every online thread about something that others enjoy. Just let it go man, lol.
So, according to you, if I post in the tech section I also have to work on my car? And if I don't then that means I'm broke? Difficult not to call you a retard, but I have to keep reminding myself you said you aren't so I'll take your word for it.
You accepted my money race? LMAO, there you go AGAIN twisting my words around. You didn't accept anything.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/14640899-post72.html
That's accepting your $500 race. I figured it was the best way to get you to stop bitching about what horrid conditions you race in, come on down, follow through on your promises, take my money and have your trip pretty much covered, yet for some reason you declined.
Here's another one you **** up:
LOL! Seriously?
You really need to lighten up. Me busting speed and quick's ***** is "shitting up" a thread? Wow... 10 years ago with that mentality you would've been huddled in the fetal position if you read what was posted and how much **** members talked to each other about their cars.
Again, just let it go. You won't be at the shootout, we all know this. Just sit back and spectate online.
That's exactly what I am doing. Now, do you need any more attention or can you just hush so this thread get back on topic?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

So, according to you, if I post in the tech section I also have to work on my car? And if I don't then that means I'm broke? Difficult not to call you a retard, but I have to keep reminding myself you said you aren't so I'll take your word for it.
I never said you have to work on your car. You claim a "lack of interest" yet here you are, time and time again. Obviously you have interest. You use your lack of interest excuse as the reason why you don't do anything to your car or why you don't show up to any events. If you truly had a "lack of interest" you would simply disappear.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/14640899-post72.html
That's accepting your $500 race. I figured it was the best way to get you to stop bitching about what horrid conditions you race in, come on down, follow through on your promises, take my money and have your trip pretty much covered, yet for some reason you declined.
My money race was at the shootout which you didn't attend. You didn't accept my money race. You didn't show up.

LOL! Seriously?
You really need to lighten up. Me busting speed and quick's ***** is "shitting up" a thread? Wow... 10 years ago with that mentality you would've been huddled in the fetal position if you read what was posted and how much **** members talked to each other about their cars.
Again, I pity you. No need for me to lighten up. Most times i'm chuckling over here as I type. A 45 year old nobody is trying to take a shot at me, lol. The **** cracks me up.

That's exactly what I am doing. Now, do you need any more attention or can you just hush so this thread get back on topic?
The thread topic is "Smack Talk for the LTX Shootout"
It is intended for the people who are actually going to attend. That doesn't include you. You need to save all of your monies for a big family vacation.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Village Troll

I never said you have to work on your car. You claim a "lack of interest" yet here you are, time and time again. Obviously you have interest. You use your lack of interest excuse as the reason why you don't do anything to your car or why you don't show up to any events. If you truly had a "lack of interest" you would simply disappear.
For some reason... this just screams retard, but again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. See if you can follow me here: I am not interested in working on the car as much as I used to. I work on it every now and again. Drive it and sometimes go to the track, but the hard on to get things done that was once there is gone. I can't explain it any simpler than that.
My money race was at the shootout which you didn't attend. You didn't accept my money race. You didn't show up.
You knew long before I wasn't going. I gave you a work around to follow through on your promises and earn some easy money and you didn't show.
Again, I pity you. No need for me to lighten up. Most times i'm chuckling over here as I type. A 45 year old nobody is trying to take a shot at me, lol. The **** cracks me up.
You are not a very good liar. You are obviously completely bent I am in this thread as described below:
The thread topic is "Smack Talk for the LTX Shootout"
It is intended for the people who are actually going to attend. That doesn't include you. You need to save all of your monies for a big family vacation.
I do and I am. Now, are you done? Do you require further attention or can this thread get back on topic for those who are going to attend the shootout?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

WHat are you talking about.... I in fact told you your suggestion about not posting on the internet VS you running edelbrock **** was STUPID.... I LAID $$$$ on the table and YOU said..... "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA BET MONEY..."

****, I SAID IT.... I MEAN IT.....!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jerry jerry jerry !!!

Quick Reply: Smack Talk thread LTX Shootout 2012