Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Window Switch Wires?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window Switch Wires?

I'm replacing a window motor in a 98z and when I removed the switch panel, all the wires popped out. I searched and only came up with wiring schematics and have no clue whats what. Does any one have a picture showing which colors go in each slot?

Heres the schematics
Attached Thumbnails Window Switch Wires?-227355d1271401280-window-switch-wiring-power-window-module.gif  
Old 06-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Teching In

In order to replace the motor you need to pull the door panel off. once that is done remove the lower speaker in the door. Then you need to drill holes in the fiberglass panel where the rivets are that hold the motor. Then you need to drill out the rivets and pull the motor out. Pop in new one and your good to go. Sounds hard.............Just take your time.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Facelift
In order to replace the motor you need to pull the door panel off. once that is done remove the lower speaker in the door. Then you need to drill holes in the fiberglass panel where the rivets are that hold the motor. Then you need to drill out the rivets and pull the motor out. Pop in new one and your good to go. Sounds hard.............Just take your time.
Uh....I believe he asked for the diagram of the wires in the window switch. lol
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Facelift

Got that part figured out, just need to figure out which wires go in each slot of the window switch panel.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The window switch will have the A,B,C,D,E,F indicated in the wiring diagram embossed on the plastic of the switch. Look carefully, they are small.

Just match them up to the colors on the diagram.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eseibel67
The window switch will have the A,B,C,D,E,F indicated in the wiring diagram embossed on the plastic of the switch. Look carefully, they are small.

Just match them up to the colors on the diagram.
Wow, I probably would have never noticed that. Thanks a bunch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window Switch Wires?