Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Car died while driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car died while driving

Was cruising down the highway the other day and car just died. So I coasted into a driveway, scanned codes and had a pending fuel pump circuit code. Swapped the underhood relay, checked the fuse, and both were good still wouldn't start. So ordered a new racetronix 255 and Hotwire kit I was going to need anyways. Got it all installed and wired in today. Still won't fire, pending code still there. I don't honestly know if it should have cleared anyways. Checked the inline fuse and swapped relays around again. Think I can hear pump priming but still won't start. I can't get my hands on a fuel pressure gauge until Monday is there anything else I can check before then. We live in BFE so no parts stores are open on Sunday. Thanks for any input.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ntoxicaytd
Was cruising down the highway the other day and car just died. So I coasted into a driveway, scanned codes and had a pending fuel pump circuit code. Swapped the underhood relay, checked the fuse, and both were good still wouldn't start. So ordered a new racetronix 255 and Hotwire kit I was going to need anyways. Got it all installed and wired in today. Still won't fire, pending code still there. I don't honestly know if it should have cleared anyways. Checked the inline fuse and swapped relays around again. Think I can hear pump priming but still won't start. I can't get my hands on a fuel pressure gauge until Monday is there anything else I can check before then. We live in BFE so no parts stores are open on Sunday. Thanks for any input.
Check fuel at fuel rail if no fuel check fuel filter it might be clogged
Old 09-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Yea got my meter out today and found out the humming was the amps kicking on. No power to the pump have power to the fuse it's good and had power to 30 pin on relay so grabbed a new relay. Still nothing at the pump I am probing the grey wire on the the square 4 connector at the pump. This is the correct wire right? Running out of time for the day. Is there any other connections between the relay and the pump harness? Or do I get to tear apart the car checking continuity
Old 09-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Teching In

tryed jumpering the 30 to 87 pin and it blows the fuse. So found where the wiring harness comes out the rear "firewall?" Before the tank and disconnected it. Jumpered the relay again and it blew the fuse. So I'm assuming I have a bad wire inside the vehicle took off the kick panel and door sill all of the loom looks pristine even still shiny. Was working on taking the rear seat out but ran out of time. Anyone know how the wiring is routed through the car having a hard time tracing it since it's all still wrapped and preserved. Am I right in looking for a pinched/grounded wire?
Old 09-29-2016, 06:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Advanced "engineering"????

Quick Reply: Car died while driving