Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

measurement for pulley to front cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default measurement for pulley to front cover

Gents. Haveing some random issues with my bitch of a car...maybe you can help me with one of them. On this one, i need some proper, exact measurements.

I have an 05 LS6 engine, ATI superdamper, and QTP front cover.

I need the proper measurements, useing a micrometer, from the ATI damper, to the QTP front cover. I need to know the distance, so I can see if my belt issue, is related to improper crank pulley alignment. I have a ARP crank pulley bolt, which I originally got for my 2000 Ls1,...I haven't removed the bolt yet, to match it with a factory length of an 05 bolt but, I will find that out, one way or the other tomorrow I guess,...unless of you guys already know the answer.

Thank you in advance for your reply's. I truly appreciate it.

-jdawg
Old 05-24-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nobody that has a built motor laying around in there shop, has an idea, or a micrometer, hell, a ruler,....to give ma an idea of what the proper clearence is?

Am I not asking it right? I mean does it not make sense? I dunno.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be Very Carfull...qtp Says They Have Never Had A Problem With Underdrive Pullies Hitting The Cover..bs.. We Had An Issue Where We Had To Clearance The Cover After We Couldnt Turn The Engine Over Because The Underdrive Harmonic Was Binding On The Outside Of The Cover.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by klymaxr
Be Very Carfull...qtp Says They Have Never Had A Problem With Underdrive Pullies Hitting The Cover..bs.. We Had An Issue Where We Had To Clearance The Cover After We Couldnt Turn The Engine Over Because The Underdrive Harmonic Was Binding On The Outside Of The Cover.

No, no issue at all with anything hitting, the QTP front cover works awesome, and has zero leaks. I highly recommend it. All I wanna do, is make sure I have the pulley in it's proper location. I don't know if the pulley is on too far, or not enough. I have an 01 Z06 I can measure that'll be at the shop tomorrow.

Thanks anyways.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

The inside rim of the pulley, should be between 2.5mm and 4.6mm away from the end of the crankshaft snout.

I didn't measure the actual distance from front cover, to pulley.