Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me with my fiberglassing adventure

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with my fiberglassing adventure

Ok i have asked this on another form. I want to build a cover plate to mount and cover my n20 selonoids. I want it sort of maintain the stock curves and want it to curve in a little..i also want to use the curves on the outer side of the firewall to mount the panel. I cant just glass over the firewall for 2 reasons. 1 is i don't have the space to glass it in the car and second i need to have a space back there so the selonoid can be mounted. This is where i have a second problem..how do i make a template that i can remove where it will retain the shape i need to glass. At first i thought i could just fill the area with expanding foam but then i relized that wouldn't be practical, Then i thought sheet metal but relized it would probably be hard to deal with, and then i was told to try styrofoam but i don't think i could shape it how i want. after all this i came up with an idea..im thinking i can use clay just on the curves and then attach cardboard to the clay and glass over that. i just want to know if this will work and if anyone has a better idea.. the circled part in the picture bellow is what im trying to cover and no this is not my engine bay