Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone swap the fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone swap the fog lights?

I would like to swap mine out for HIDs but I have heard that the halogen projectors don't work that well with them. Has anyone figured out if we can do this and if so what set we should we be using to get it done? Please let me know, as from VIP1's advice I will be going with the 35W set around 3000K.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The stock Camaro fog light projectors aren't bad with HID.

Here is an example:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ere-ya-go.html
(That driver's side one has and issue also they both need some adjustment/aiming. See page 2 of the thread for more info.)

Some halogen projectors handle HID well, some don't. Either way, HID projectors will have better output (brighter, wider, more uniform beam).

Since fog light projectors are small and sealed, I'd recommend sticking with 35watt instead of 55watt because the higher wattage means increased heat and I've seen the chrome on the bowl of some small projectors melt/bubble (actually, I've seen it with some at 35watt too, but that's relatively rare).

Last edited by VIP1; 03-05-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have seen that thread and am definately taking your advice with the 35W (from that one site). I was just wondering if there was a new one out there we could put in to give a more solid look then ours do with the stockers. I just thought it was a bit hazier then it could be.

Quick Reply: Anyone swap the fog lights?