Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

need exp detailers opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need exp detailers opinion!

im have a problem w/ the clear coat on my 02 that i hope someone can help with. after polishing a few times and waxing w/ a PC i still cant get what looks to me like hazing out. the paint looks flawless 2 feet away but under the sun when you get real close it looks like the clear coat is hazed. its not built up wax or anything. ive been battling w/ this for a few years now and finaly started getting serious about it and bought the PC and proper polish. along w/ the haze it has little pin head sized spots everywhere that you can see if the light hits it just right. the cars paint is in mint shape and the car it self has always been garaged, and never seen snow.

i started using Griot's stuff last year and love the best of show wax. ive only used the machine polish 3 which is a very mild polish. ive got the machine polish 2 coming to try out but im curious if anyone knows what im seeing. wish i could get some pics of what im describing but it doesnt come out on camera. like i said the paint looks flawless 2 feet away. its just when the sun hits it right, it looks like crap. when i first got the car i knew nothing about detailing and i think i may have created this a few years ago. im tired of having local detailers cover this stuff up with fillers that come off with one wash. any ideas?

corey
Old 04-27-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can fill it with glazes,it should come off with a more aggressive polish or try some 3000 grit sandpaper & wet sand it.
Always try the least aggressive method first until you reach the results your looking for.

Quick Reply: need exp detailers opinion!