Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pic of my latest almost complete Supercharged project

Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pic of my latest almost complete Supercharged project

Hey guys just thought id share of few pics of my most recent project.. of all things a Civic!

Anyway, Heres our 93 Ex coupe with jackson racing supercharger. Long story short my Co workers son, mike had a 84 Porsche 944 non turbo that had broke a timing belt and wiped out some valves on the head and what not. So he went out and bought this coupe that recently had the SC engine swaped in so he wouldnt be walking... Well literally 9 miles down the road on the way home, he mashes the gas, and the top motor mount breaks. Motor hits strut tower, breaks timing belt, takes out the head ect ect, found out later that it Only had 1 bolt in it, other was too short and incorrect and had No lower mount, and loose pass side mount. So now mike had 2 broken cars, so i struck a deal and told him id fix his porsche for the honda. So for under 400 bucks in parts and a few hours later his porsche was ready to go and i had the honda

Here was a run down on the car when i got it, it had 120,xxx miles on the body, Spray painted black 2 tone, standard wheel arch rust, and a bashed driver fender, but no accidents other then that, stock interior and suspension besides springs.. But it did have a new low mile Jdm LSD tranny, and the Jacksonracing unit so we dug into it.. The car had all the right parts, but was just put together by kids ( who scary enough own a honda shop) that dont know what their doing

And before i get flamed for puttin a honda on here. I KNOW its not the fastest honda in the world, but it was a car me and my dad thought would be neat to build and plus Im sellin it to fund my camaro build

The guy mike i got it from actually wants to buy it back when hes out of the army in a month. Anyway, here she is.. Keep in mind the windshield is broken, thats the only reason the gay sticker is still on and why its got a ton of overspray

Old 01-03-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After ripping it down in a bit we saw that we could save the top bolt hole for the side motor mount, but the bottm of the mount was broken off the block, so were gonna have to fab up a bracket and fix that. Seeing the type of work that was done to the car, were gonna have to go though the whole thing so were starting with the engine and the bay.
I hate having wiring in my engine bay so i took all the harnesses apart for a tuck, and a repaint.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So we basically ripped the whole car apart. The kicker of the whole thing is that this car actually had a Forged, .30 over motor, all balanced with eagle rods, ect ect, and that bought by the kid who had the car last. Im very good friends with the guy who had the motor, and it only had 1 race on it ( was in an SCCA race car, but got teched and had to pull the motor out)

So knowing the shortblock was in good order,we started from the short block up. The head had to be rebuild since the timing belt broke when it hit the shock tower, so i had it all ported and polished, and installed a stage 2 F.i cam

Going through the supercharger and pulley setup, i noticed ALL of the pullies had bad bearings and deep belt groves.. So i threw the pullies on a lathe, and pressed some new bearings into them.. Since the supercharger was off, i also had it ported.

Of course everythign was cleaned, painted/ powdercoated

Old 01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested to see how this one comes out after seeing how you brought that Formula back to life! Good luck with it man!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:28 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Best of luck with it. I like wrenching in general, so even a honda can be fun.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-03-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After the wire tuck, i cleaned the whole motor, and shot it, and brackets and pulleys with fresh paint. The smaller stuff like bolts and little brackets i poweder coated with my eastwood gun. Then We re-assembled the engine with a Cometic gasket, New 450CC injectors, and the new pulley setup and i cleaned the whole bay, taped it up, and shot it in some single stage black.. Heres my dad showing the importance of checking your head bolts with 2 diffrent torque wrenches

Old 01-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

looks good man! My dad and I finished a civic build last year and have only added a few things to it since, but we had a $2009 budget for a magazine challenge. Can't wait to see the finished product. At least you got a VTEC motor lol, we had a non vtec D15 engine.

What are you expecting out of it?
BTW at 11lbs of boost we managed to squeak out a 13.5@100 with a slight sputter.
http://www.fuelslut.net/ihost/files/287/DSC_0421.jpg
Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With the car on jacks i replaced and detailed the whole front suspension with poly bushings, and skunt 2 adjustible Uppers, h and R springs, and new struts.

The previous owner also deleted the P.s, which is okay cuz this car is so small, but he did it like a typical ricer, and just took off all the lines and left them open. I fabbed up a cross over line, and plumbed a Clutch master resivour so it always has fluid and doesnt dry out.. This was before i painted the rack and cleaned up the firewall BTW

I also bought a timing cover and painted it because im not the type of guy that likes open timing belts and gears

Old 01-03-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The stock radiator was shot, and the i was feeling the little factory fan.

So we fabbed up some custom mounts and put a Heavy Duty Contunious Duty fan on the radiator. I want to keep that enginebay/ Supercharger as cold as possible.. and let me tell you, this fan is POWERFUL
I also started doing the body work on the doors, trunk, ect ect. I shave all my emblems and antennas on all my cars as well, this one is no diffrent

Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After alot of cleaning and painting i made some progess

Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With the engine buttoned up, wire tucked, and with all the mounts in place, it was time to fab up a stronger front mount to make up for the 1 side bolt. I also had a spare lower bracket ( which they also didnt have) and put that on

Making good headway on the engine and bay, i jumped into the stock interior which was lacking and missing a radio, console, speakers and down right dirty..... Soo i gutted the whole interior... While it was out we replaced the fuel pump with a Walboro 255

Old 01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After Running my new speaker wiring and cleaning and shampooing the carpet a bunch of times ( looks new) i sprayed some left over bed liner on the floors and stuck it back in.

I ended up finding a Mint OEM leather rear seat so i installed that.
I work on alot of race cars, so i got a good deal on some older 80s recaros that had been recovered to look like the newer ones with red stiching, and we made some brackets and bolted them in

I hated the grey interior, so i took it all out and recovered the headliner, and painted the plastics black

Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Then i fired the bitch up and took it for a blast with no seats.. I sat on the batery jumper box which also comes in handy if the batery decided to take a dump on me.

The car ran good, but the belt had come off the supercharger ( a common problem with these) Even after a quick ride. When we had the motor apart we replaced all of the tentioner bearings and put them in a lathe to refinish them, so ill adress this issue later

Now it was time to make some seat brackets.. While i was at it i also installed a New Audio console, and Center console

Old 01-03-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After all that was in, i made a few more changes to the engine bay, and went full force on the body.

I got the car with the lip, it was broken in several places, so i fixed the lip, and molded it onto the bumper

I loved the look of the EK fog lights in the EG, but HATE screws, so i molded those in as well

Then i started layin down my new vanilla white paint i custom mixed myself

Even my dog questioned my honda build

Old 01-03-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

While she was down gettin some color, i ripped the supercharger off to see what i could do about the belt jumping, removed the pully, and made a "lip" around the pulley. Hundreds of miles later it held up really well, But id like to get a new pulley down the road and bump up the boost. Engine bay is starting to come together

Last edited by glocklimited9; 03-11-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Then i threw a few bolts in everything just to see what it would look like

Old 01-03-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bolted everything on, but still have alot of work to do, have to sand and buff the whole thing, line up all the panels, undercoat wheel wells, ect ect

Im also doing the fog light sorrounds in satin black and installing the lights

Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Then i put in new rear suspension, and a type R sway and put in my new door panels with matching red stich insert

Old 01-03-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

You build some sick stuff, where do you find the time to do all that work! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pic of my latest almost complete Supercharged project