Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Painting Hood to good to be true!

Old 11-18-2003, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painting Hood to good to be true!

I ordered my hood this afternoon and I went to this auto painter place in town and I asked for a quote to paint the hood and prep it. They told me it would be $250.00 to paint the hood with 3 clearcoats. Now my boss who is a race car driver for porsche recommended me to this place. I was figuring on around 4-500 bucks to paint the thing. Im wondering if they are about to give me a job or not. I have seen some of there work and it is first class. My boss has had 3 cars painted there so I guess they are okay. Just thought I would ask my pals here what they thought. By the way the link to the hood is here http://www.fiberglassfabricatorsinc.com just got to FFI hoods and its the 98-02 T-A hood. $500.00 bucks to my door is a much better price than I have found anywhere else. So figure the entire job $750.00 thats not a bad deal for a complete new hood plus paint. I plan on having the car repainted if only I can find the Thread with the guy who baught the mecham hood and went black with pewter flames. I have been looking for that thread. Anyways let me know what you guys think
Old 11-18-2003, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good deal to me! He might have given you a deal because of your boss. I dont even want to know how much it would have cost to paint my hood..
Old 11-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a great price if you've seen that he does do good work (at that price ). I'm quoted $450ish to paint a hood good in IL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painting Hood to good to be true!