Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Winter Storage

Old 11-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Winter Storage

So i Put My Car away for storage recently....and was wondering what i should do to prepare it for siting for so long...i've heard that i should change the oil....and i was wondering what some other people do .....i've already got an SLP Car Cover......What Else?
Old 11-24-2003, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure to wash and wax it before you cover it any thing on the paint can become permant if let sit under the cover all winter. Box of baking soda in the car to help with moisture. I usually change my oil when I store it and then again when I take it out in the spring but Im kind of **** too. I didnt this year cuz the motors coming apart in about a month for my heads/cam swap .
If you have the ability jack up the car and leave it on jack stands to prevent the tires from flat spotting. Full tank of gas prevents room for condensation. Un hook your battery And check your coolant ph and freezing point. think thats all. And dont forget to go out and talk to it at least every other night so it doesnt forget about you and it still loves you in the spring
Old 11-24-2003, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

And dont forget to go out and talk to it at least every other night so it doesnt forget about you and it still loves you in the spring
Most important tip of them all!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

i usualy dissconnect the coil packs and trip the fule cutt off . take the pluggs out and put some automatic tranny fluid in the cylinders put the pulggs back in and turn it over a couple of times..... auto tranny fluid will coat the cylinder walls and help prevent corrosion... (trick i picked up from gass rc car people)
Old 11-24-2003, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

add some fuel stabilizer too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winter Storage