Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is VinylGuy / Brent Franker still in Business?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is VinylGuy / Brent Franker still in Business?

I placed a order almost 2-weeks ago & I've gott'en no response from multiple emails on pre-order questions or order confirmation or post order deletions. I am going to have to get what I want elsewhere from other sources.

Anyone know if he is still in business or "on the lame"
Old 10-10-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

He was busy a while ago when i did the berger panel and I decided I didn't want to wait so I found some other place....the chrome is slightly yellowed and discolored and 2 of the letters are already peeling. I've installed about 5 of these and mustangs and camaros so I know what I'm doing. These were 6 months old or less, not happy, wish I could remember where I got them.

Needless to say, about a week ago I ordered some from brent, I haven't heard anything either, but I'm not worried. If he planned on no longer taking orders, he would close the site down, he is trustworthy. Keep in mind he is doing this himself on the side and providing higher quality for less than you'd find anywhere else. After my last set from "somewhere else" I don't want to buy from anyone else.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply.
I decided to get a couple items; center wheel cap overlays & rear tail inset from www.autografics.com in texas. I will hold off on the other items, but I am getting antsy for the caliber decals.
If he would just send a confirmation, but absolutly nothing to multiple emails over the past 2-weeks.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done business with Mr. Franker quite a bit in the past year. He's a great guy. Usually he's great with communication. However, he hasn't responded to any of my emails either... Anyone know him locally? Phone number or anything that could maybe direct his attention to these unanswered emails.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Communication is key to doing business.
If you want some better communication for the Firehawk or other vinyl work, send me a note. There are other resources who respond, ...
Old 10-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Communication is key to doing business.
If you want some better communication for the Firehawk or other vinyl work, send me a note. There are other resources who respond, ...
Please let me know; I beat the keys surfing for as much info. as I can track down. I always seem to find new things in old places.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marc3.4V6
He was busy a while ago when i did the berger panel and I decided I didn't want to wait so I found some other place....the chrome is slightly yellowed and discolored and 2 of the letters are already peeling. I've installed about 5 of these and mustangs and camaros so I know what I'm doing. These were 6 months old or less, not happy, wish I could remember where I got them.

Needless to say, about a week ago I ordered some from brent, I haven't heard anything either, but I'm not worried. If he planned on no longer taking orders, he would close the site down, he is trustworthy. Keep in mind he is doing this himself on the side and providing higher quality for less than you'd find anywhere else. After my last set from "somewhere else" I don't want to buy from anyone else.
Brent is an F Body enthusiast and a stand up guy. I heard he has been very busy lately as well, but he sells high quality vinyl at a decent price and if you don't mind the wait, you wouldn't have to worry at all in your dealings with him.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Resident

Shoot him an email, he's really great about custom vinyl work. I just got the full set of decals for my Firehawk from him a few months ago.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FBDYLVR
Shoot him an email, he's really great about custom vinyl work. I just got the full set of decals for my Firehawk from him a few months ago.
I have emailed; as I stated.
Before the sale questions (no response) Twice w/in a week.
I took a chance & placed order & paid for it; asked for a confirmation. (again twice)
Post sale after a week; again asking for confirmation.
Then severl days ago deleting several items from the order, I got from other places.
How patient should I be & blind faith with my money with no confirmation or response.
I have purchased the brass gears for the headlight motors from him in the past; so I have had dealings in the past.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh he'll reply, ..., eventually, ..., just might take a few weeks, ...
No doubt he makes some good stuff.
But there are a ton of threads about this situation over the last couple YEARS.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brent is the man, Everything I have ordered from him has been top notch. If you need it immediately, You probably should look elsewhere, Frank isn't doing this to make a living, But His quality is top notch.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why would you pay without obtaining a line of communication first? Lol.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Last time I bought some stripes from him it took about a week or so for him to reply.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Why would you pay without obtaining a line of communication first? Lol.
I had purchased from Brent F. before & thought he was upstanding individual.
I took a chance on faith of individual.
Know I have gotten allot of response, (after the fact) from many who recently had same problem.
I will probably be initiating a refund process.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

he used to post here on the regular, guess hes not into fbody's as much anymore or way too busy, which is hurting him if hes failing to reply to his biz. deals. i contacted him about 3 mo. ago. still no reply
Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

I ordered some stuff about 2-3 months ago and got them in like 2 weeks
Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ordered some stuff from him a few years ago. He e-mailed back and everything saying thanks for the order. Took me about 2.5 months at least to get it, he didn't return saying he was busy with a lot of hours at work. I have no problem with him being busy, but 2.5 months for 4 stickers seems much... It was just 2 SS stickers, and an objects in mirror sticker.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Default vinylguy

I'm in the same boat.Ordered and payed for some decals two weeks ago and no word from him after countless e-mails. Not a good way to do bussiness,but have heard good things about him.Come on Brent I need my decals!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If he is busy then maybe it would be better to close site and not offering any service. Once you decide to sell an item...that's business, and business need effective communication. If I were the OP I would move my business some place else.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

FYI copied from Brent's website:
Posted: October 26, 2009
Hey Guys! I just want to let anybody know who may be wondering that I'm still alive and kicking but barely. LOL October has been a pretty rough month and I've been really behind in my decals and emails. To top it off, the few days I've not been at work I've been sick. Ugh. I've pretty much been unable to answer most my emails... heck, I'm already behind so don't want to make more problems for myself by creating more work (like when answering if I can get some color or make a certain decal) if you know what I mean! Anyway, I've sent out a few refunds (feel terrible about getting behind like this) and just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not looking to rip anybody off... just got way behind because of my full time job. I'm still going to be working a ton of hours until sometime in Dec but the good news though is that I shouldn't be working quite as much and am finally able to start getting caught up. So, if you have sent me an order, I'll be emailing you as I can with an update.
Thanks much guys and very sorry if I caused you any problems or messed up a car show because your car wasn't looking its best without some killer decals
Also, if you know what you'd like and would just like to send me an order, that is fine but just be aware I may be able to send it right out or it make take me a week or two until I get off these crazy shifts! So if you absolutely must have them for the weekend, don't order! LOL!!! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Is VinylGuy / Brent Franker still in Business?