Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wings West Rear Bumper "Lower Spat" ONLY on a T/A???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wings West Rear Bumper "Lower Spat" ONLY on a T/A???

I really like the idea of carrying the ground effects all the way back on the bumper like the kit does. However, the rest of the kit doesn't appeal to me. My concern is that the rear kit parts might look bad with the stock ground effects. Has anyone done this? Are there other options? Here are the pics that I have been able to come up with, but non with stock gfx...

It looks like it might work well from this angle...

However, from this one, I question it...

Thoughts???
Does anyone know if this has been done and if there are pictures?

Last edited by transsam; 02-23-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

im confused by what your asking. probably because i've never heard the term lower spat. what's that?

are you asking how it would look with everything stock, except the WW kit on the rear bumper?

that guys car look amazing. he had me close to considering the WW kit. but it just isnt that appealing to me. i dont like the openings in the front lip (they dont flow with the bumper to me) and i dont like how the side skirts stick out so much. but still, i like what he'd done with that car.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By lower spat, im assuming you are reffering to the front lower valence or front splitter, whatever you wanna call it.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If you mean just the front WW spoiler, then YES, its been done, look up TRANS-DAD, my buddy!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am confused by what you are asking, I take it that you would like to see the rear pieces with everything else stock
Old 02-23-2010, 09:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
I too am confused by what you are asking, I take it that you would like to see the rear pieces with everything else stock
Yeah. That is what I am looking for. Rear piece only. Sorry for the confusion over the term, that is what Wings West calls it on their website. I had never heard of it before either.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the front ground affect I was thinking about it money was the only reason I didnt.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:18 PM
9 Second Club

I would like the front spoiler better if the holes were taken out (like crimson bird mentioned). A shop could do that pretty easily and it would look a ton cleaner.

Still...Back only anyone???
Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have the kit, its not on my car yet. Its currently being modified becuase my car is an LT1. I can post pics of just the rear, but my stock side skirts are already taken off. Its just a plastic cap though. It doesnt hang at all, its just an l-shped piece of plastic that hugs the factory bumper lines. I dont even think it juts out any extra. All in all not worth any money at all if its the only thing youre doing. I think its simply made to carry thye line of the body kit onto the rear. However, mines being molded I can probably stick the stock skirts back on for a minute to ****** a pic.

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
im confused by what your asking. probably because i've never heard the term lower spat. what's that?

are you asking how it would look with everything stock, except the WW kit on the rear bumper?

that guys car look amazing. he had me close to considering the WW kit. but it just isnt that appealing to me. i dont like the openings in the front lip (they dont flow with the bumper to me) and i dont like how the side skirts stick out so much. but still, i like what he'd done with that car.
They don't on mine, it just depends on how you install them i think. Instead of using double sided tape alone, first i drilled into the rockers. I played with the skirt until i liked it. I think i angled mine down a little more than this guys. Mine hang down a little lower, and are more flush to the body. It honestly looks factory in person, even trans am guys dont know its a kit until they see the back things. But when the front lip is done and on, that will change. I am also considering filling the holes but im going to wait till its on the car.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by evilZO6
i have the kit, its not on my car yet. Its currently being modified becuase my car is an LT1. I can post pics of just the rear, but my stock side skirts are already taken off. Its just a plastic cap though. It doesnt hang at all, its just an l-shped piece of plastic that hugs the factory bumper lines. I dont even think it juts out any extra. All in all not worth any money at all if its the only thing youre doing. I think its simply made to carry thye line of the body kit onto the rear. However, mines being molded I can probably stick the stock skirts back on for a minute to ****** a pic.

They don't on mine, it just depends on how you install them i think. Instead of using double sided tape alone, first i drilled into the rockers. I played with the skirt until i liked it. I think i angled mine down a little more than this guys. Mine hang down a little lower, and are more flush to the body. It honestly looks factory in person, even trans am guys dont know its a kit until they see the back things. But when the front lip is done and on, that will change. I am also considering filling the holes but im going to wait till its on the car.
Any pics you could give would be great. I just really like the finished look they give the car, and they can be picked up for about $100 per side, so I think since they look how you described, a couple hundred bucks and a friend of mine will get the paint done (good to have that kind of friend!), and I'll be good to go. So far, the only pics of it with a stock body kit have been on Forza 3, and that isn't as accurate as I'd like! It does look good though.

Thanks for whatever pics you can get!

Quick Reply: Wings West Rear Bumper "Lower Spat" ONLY on a T/A???