Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Should 6LE make a last run of "Signature Series" Overlays ?
Yes
96.61%
No
3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Should 6LE do one last run of overlays ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who voted no? lol
Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When can I get one?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

One last run forces me to buy one now.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a public poll so just click on the # of votes to see who voted no .
Old 04-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Part of me would love a set of overlays, but I'm not sure how smart it is to get some for my V6 cluster. And I'm not sure if a V8 cluster would work right in my V6 either. Obviously a new overlay could account for some changes like the tach range and oil PSI ranges, but not sure if the electronics themselves would work properly or not. Like would the speedometer be accurate...

Argh
Get a V8 cluster it will work...
Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Launching!

so is there a chance, i wanted one bad, and now i need one bad. 6LE truly this is sad that you are stopping. many people around here love your produce and would have bough in a better economy. you made things for these cars that people wanted. that is truly amazing thanks for what you have done man. anyways if this overlay thing is on send me a pm i want one asap.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:32 AM
Banned

they are a little to pricey for me. I love them to death, but at the bones he wants, I have other things to do to my car first.

Definately a nice product. And I am very sad to see him go as I was going to get the CME from him but I just dont have the cash RIGHT NOW. Sheesh, I just bought my camaro a few weeks ago. I am tapped out for right now
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Son of a bitch. I always wanted some custom gauge overlays, but I know things I could spend the money on better at this point. I would have got some down the road.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

som bitch! I picked the worst possible time to break my hand and get laid up. gauge overlays..splitter.. -I'll trade ya my left nut for both!!! any interest 6LE?
Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
^charge more. i hate to say it, but i'de rather be able to still buy your products and pay an arm and a leg then not have you around anymore. you do realize you are the most popular sponsor in this section right? and i am pretty sure you could branch out to sell parts for mustangs, mopars, etc etc. i'm sure there has got to be some profit to be made somewhere.
x2 I'd gladly pay an arm and a leg..down the road.

out of curiosity how much is the site sponsor fees?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Id be up for one...Id like to get a SS spoiler before you close up shop
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 AM
9 Second Club

I am sure everyone is wondering, I am the one who voted no. I am sure there are people who are wondering why I voted no. It could be seen like I am a total *** and "I got mine, so no one else should get theirs."

The reality is far simpler: I wanted to give the poor guy a break! He has been so amazingly nice to me personally with my orders and to the community here in general. From what I understand there is little to no profit margin on these. I figured if it was over, it was over.

Either way, Mark is a great guy and I wish him the best - I mean ****, look at my sig: a great quote from none other than...
Old 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by transsam
I am sure everyone is wondering, I am the one who voted no. I am sure there are people who are wondering why I voted no. It could be seen like I am a total *** and "I got mine, so no one else should get theirs."

The reality is far simpler: I wanted to give the poor guy a break!
He has been so amazingly nice to me personally with my orders and to the community here in general. From what I understand there is little to no profit margin on these. I figured if it was over, it was over.

Either way, Mark is a great guy and I wish him the best - I mean ****, look at my sig: a great quote from none other than...
Thanks transsam! You are correct on everything you said. There are a lot of times when we lost money on these because we don't hit the 10 needed to fill a sheet and spread the cost around.

They are also SOOOOO time consuming as my ordering page is confusing and almost EVERYONE ends up sending me like 30 e-mails trying to explain what they want.

That is one of the reasons I am VERY hesitant to do another one right now. Besides the fact we NEVER run another GP until the last GP is at least in the last phase of production (and currently they are at the printers)...
Old 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinZ
Id be up for one...Id like to get a SS spoiler before you close up shop
SS spoilers are gone...
Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
som bitch! I picked the worst possible time to break my hand and get laid up. gauge overlays..splitter.. -I'll trade ya my left nut for both!!! any interest 6LE?

x2 I'd gladly pay an arm and a leg..down the road.

out of curiosity how much is the site sponsor fees?
I have the cheap package and I pay $1400 something...
Old 04-08-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I have the cheap package and I pay $1400 something...
Even as a non-sponsor I'm sure you could run a business and still have the support of the members on here....even when your name isn't right out on the forum every day. But then again, I'm not familiar with how your business works and how much money you put into it is as (running/upkeep costs, etc.) so maybe the lack of advertisement (and advertisement fees) would hurt/not help enough to make this an option.

I guess I'm just one of those guys on here that always thought about doing this in the future....I'm in denial and trying to think of something , lol
Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Even as a non-sponsor I'm sure you could run a business and still have the support of the members on here....even when your name isn't right out on the forum every day. But then again, I'm not familiar with how your business works and how much money you put into it is as (running/upkeep costs, etc.) so maybe the lack of advertisement (and advertisement fees) would hurt/not help enough to make this an option.

I guess I'm just one of those guys on here that always thought about doing this in the future....I'm in denial and trying to think of something , lol
I HAVE to have this site to be successful. I've tried other sites with no luck. Unfortunately, the nature of my business (making things hardly any one else makes) means that people are just out on Google or Ebay searching for, say a Camaro Targa top, because they don't even know they exist.

This site is expensive but it is definitely worth the money for anyone looking to sell 4th Gen F-Body stuff....
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
9 Second Club

After reading that last post, I remembered how much I admire Mark. My suggestion is that we stop calling him 6litereater and remember that this was one guy who made a world of difference to a lot of people. I have posted a thread where I said that if it weren't for Mark, my car would still be collecting dust. I got tired of it, and he found a way to make a car that I have had for 9 years and nearly 100,000 miles fun again. It brought me back into the game and I have had a hell of a good time bringing my car back to life. Other than decals and similar things, what have we seen come out of the woodwork for 4th gen cars. Not much. With Mark gone, we will see less.

So here is my bottom line. Mark is a generous, patient, smart guy who breathed life into a market that is slowly dying. If everyone wants to make the business solvent during its fading, step up to the plate. I just sent Mark $20 as a simple thank you for what you have done for everyone. If more do the same, I suspect that a new, one last time, group purchase would be more palatable to Mark.

To Mark,
You can expect to see me posting about my gratitude while the business winds down. I really mean it. My wife and I talked about selling the car this summer, and it really was your business that convinced not only me, but her as well that the hobby can still be fun! I
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 PM
9 Second Club

I sent the money, and while I was typing, I got an email from Mark asking what the money was for. I forgot to put a thank you note in the paypal stuff. What other sponsor has EVER responded that quickly? I can't think of any (no offense is intended to other sponsors). My hat's off to the guy!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by transsam
I sent the money, and while I was typing, I got an email from Mark asking what the money was for. I forgot to put a thank you note in the paypal stuff. What other sponsor has EVER responded that quickly? I can't think of any (no offense is intended to other sponsors). My hat's off to the guy!
Ha! I never realized you were John this whole time, lol! So what was it for???

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 04-08-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Banned

^^It gets REALLY confusing trying to keep up with Screen Names, E-mail Addys, Customer Names and Customer's Wife/Dad/Mom's names (lots of people order from other people's paypal)...

Quick Reply: Should 6LE do one last run of overlays ?