Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Should 6LE make a last run of "Signature Series" Overlays ?
Yes
96.61%
No
3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Should 6LE do one last run of overlays ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by transsam
After reading that last post, I remembered how much I admire Mark. My suggestion is that we stop calling him 6litereater and remember that this was one guy who made a world of difference to a lot of people. I have posted a thread where I said that if it weren't for Mark, my car would still be collecting dust. I got tired of it, and he found a way to make a car that I have had for 9 years and nearly 100,000 miles fun again. It brought me back into the game and I have had a hell of a good time bringing my car back to life. Other than decals and similar things, what have we seen come out of the woodwork for 4th gen cars. Not much. With Mark gone, we will see less.

So here is my bottom line. Mark is a generous, patient, smart guy who breathed life into a market that is slowly dying. If everyone wants to make the business solvent during its fading, step up to the plate. I just sent Mark $20 as a simple thank you for what you have done for everyone. If more do the same, I suspect that a new, one last time, group purchase would be more palatable to Mark.

To Mark,
You can expect to see me posting about my gratitude while the business winds down. I really mean it. My wife and I talked about selling the car this summer, and it really was your business that convinced not only me, but her as well that the hobby can still be fun! I
In that case I'm sorry... Just kidding, thanks for all the kind words, I wish I already had the fans in the acting community I have in the F-Bod community, lol.

I tell this story a lot but is the truth...

One day working on General Hospital a few of the veterans were running their lines in the green room. John (Commissioner Mac) called me over to read with, "I was like, it's ok I only have a few this episode but thanks..." He's like, "Get over here man, you're part of the show, don't be shy..." He was being nice to me inviting me into their circle...

Just then, a guy comes in the room looking a little star struck. He says...

"Excuse me, I'm so sorry..."They get ready to be nice, say hi, whatever, and the guy goes... "Are you Mark DeLisle?"

They all look at me puzzled...

I'm like, "Yeah..."

He says, "Are you... 6LITEREATER?!"

I start laughing, they are really confused, and I go, "Yup, that's me."

He says, "Oh my gosh, I saw your car in the parking lot and I had to find you, I've bought some stuff from you, it is so cool to meet you in person!!!"

The actors are COMPLETELY dumbstruck at this point...

He says, "Sorry to interrupt, I just wanted to say hello..." and I'm like, "No worries, I'll be out of here in an hour we'll chat..."

And we did. Super cool guy named Armando. While we were talking (man must have been an hour or so) in the parking lot he had a text from his roommate saying, "Did you get to meet him?!"

!!!!

It was pretty cool
Old 04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this is sad...I was looking forward to ordering some seats from ya and do the gauges at a later time...if you don't mind me asking where could I still order these from??? Looks like I am going to have to suck it up and buy some gauges now...
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned

The seats or the gauges?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

I am gonna buy the gauges from ya if you do one more run but the seats I wanted were these 1982-2002 Racing Style Synthetic Leather in black with white stitching...I absolutly love these seats
Old 04-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chevyman9306
I am gonna buy the gauges from ya if you do one more run but the seats I wanted were these 1982-2002 Racing Style Synthetic Leather in black with white stitching...I absolutly love these seats
Order the seats first as there SHOULD be some in this shipment but they'll all be sold before they get unloaded into the warehouse.

Gauge Overlay GPs run for at least a month usually so you'll have a few paychecks to save up, lol!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

i definetly want to purchase an overlay kit.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

I would like to get in a GP overlay when can I order mine
Old 04-10-2010, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Order the seats first as there SHOULD be some in this shipment but they'll all be sold before they get unloaded into the warehouse.

Gauge Overlay GPs run for at least a month usually so you'll have a few paychecks to save up, lol!
exactly how long would I have to order these before it would be considered too late?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Banned

Seeing that there were 52 YES's I expect 52 orders...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l#post13185405

We're shipping the last GP overlays this week, so we started this run. Everyone said they wanted them, now's your chance, I don't want to hear any whining May 16th when I pull the ordering page down

I know there is no way in hell we're getting 52 orders, lol! I SWEAR TO GOD, if we get 52 orders in this GP I'll make this business my priority over acting. I know there's no way in hell but there you go, on the table
Old 04-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Banned

I just sent this message to EVERYONE (except myself and Sommer) who voted yes in the poll...

Overlays...

I saw you posted in a poll you wanted me to do another run of overlays, well, here you go...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l#post13185405

We're shipping the last GP overlays this week, so we started this run. Everyone said they wanted them, now's your chance, I don't want to hear any whining May 16th when I pull the ordering page down, lol!

I am disabling my PMs though because it gets confusing trying to keep orders straight between PMs, e-mails, etc...

If you need to contact me, just e-mail me madelisle@yahoo.com

Thanks for your interest and support!

Mark DeLisle
www.6LITEREATERDESIGNS.com
Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Banned

...and out of 53 votes we have 5 orders so far. Just want people to understand the reality of why things go away.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
...and out of 53 votes we have 5 orders so far. Just want people to understand the reality of why things go away.
I'm just trying to figure out what I want for my T/A. You WILL be getting an order from me.....just as soon as I can make up my damn mind!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Just place your order now and you can still make up your mind as you go McNord
will make you up a sketch of what you want so you can see it before its made .
Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Banned

Here's all the finished artwork (EXCEPT about three orders that came in the past few days) AND McNord's 35th Anniv. Prototype (the background stripes would also just be considered "background artwork" on the order form)...

Out of 50+ people saying they wanted these we had EIGHT orders as of like Friday and just got another THREE. GP ends the 11th and we're at 11 orders. Now you see why we are NOT doing these anymore. If you want them, order them before the 11th.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look badass ! Thanks for getting them posted up The 35th Prototype is badass as well ! I wanna go buy a 35th so I can have a set

Quick Reply: Should 6LE do one last run of overlays ?