Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whistlered my headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New pics....

I'm glad I bought these signals, I think they look better than the ambers and way better than tinted ones would look. I really like how the black housed turn signals with the clear lens match the headlights.

Oh, and my badge I ordered last fall and finally put on. Please excuse the filthiness, it needs washed BADLY...

Old 04-17-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^as the car sits right now, i agree. the stockers just fit better.

but, if you swap out the ambers for some blacked out/smoked corners, than it'd look a lot better, and tie the front end together more (headlights, corners, grill)

Originally Posted by SKZ28
I'm glad I bought these signals, I think they look better than the ambers and way better than tinted ones would look. I really like how the black housed turn signals with the clear lens match the headlights.
haha, i told you swapping the signals would make a huge difference. looks 100x better now. Great job

and like you said, they really do fit very well with the headlights, being that tey are both black housing/clear lens, as opposed to vht'd signals. good choice!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha, i told you swapping the signals would make a huge difference. looks 100x better now. Great job

and like you said, they really do fit very well with the headlights, being that tey are both black housing/clear lens, as opposed to vht'd signals. good choice!
Good call, and yes I agree
Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

where did you get that Z28 badge from?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lvmyz28
where did you get that Z28 badge from?
Emblempros, he is a sponsor on here
Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Sweet. I like it!!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keith whistler, the guy who did everything first
Are your headlights Whistle'd or VHT'd? They look sweet!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nimrod.sixty9
Are your headlights Whistle'd or VHT'd? They look sweet!
thank you sir! whistler mod is all thats done to them.

but with a brand new set of lenses on the lights, so the black has a deeper look than many you'll see with it done. since most are using stock lights which are atleast slightly hazed.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Junkie

looks better but the only thing that gets me is the rivets on them wheels lol but to each his own i guess
Old 04-25-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

thank you sir! whistler mod is all thats done to them.

but with a brand new set of lenses on the lights, so the black has a deeper look than many you'll see with it done. since most are using stock lights which are atleast slightly hazed.
How come this one isnt so dark? Is there something I need to watch out for when making it darker?

Oh and I shouldve said that whole damn car looks sweet! Best looking sixer Ive ever seen!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like you got the same black markers I did...do yourself a favor, while they're still new...take them out of the car, seperate the lenses from the buckets, and put them back together with nice black silicone, I didn't do this, and they started to leak and look like crap and I wound up putting my ambers back on.

Also, the black markers don't hold up NEARLY as well as stock lenses do to rock chips, so you might want to get some kind of clear protection for them.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
looks better but the only thing that gets me is the rivets on them wheels lol but to each his own i guess
Yeah I'm not usually a fan of rivets but I don't mind them on these wheels for some reason

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
Looks like you got the same black markers I did...do yourself a favor, while they're still new...take them out of the car, seperate the lenses from the buckets, and put them back together with nice black silicone, I didn't do this, and they started to leak and look like crap and I wound up putting my ambers back on.

Also, the black markers don't hold up NEARLY as well as stock lenses do to rock chips, so you might want to get some kind of clear protection for them.
I put a bead of silicone around the edge before I installed them, I'm curious to see if it will work. If it doesn't work and they start looking shitty I'll order another set and do what you said, thank you for the advice. As far as clear protection, I have no idea what to do about that. Maybe coat them in something like that invisible bra that people put on their cars?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nimrod.sixty9
How come this one isnt so dark? Is there something I need to watch out for when making it darker?

Oh and I shouldve said that whole damn car looks sweet! Best looking sixer Ive ever seen!
thanks again

that car in that picture has not done the whistler mod, the front face of the housing is the only part that's black. check the first picture in the first post- https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ter-my-ss.html - the person with that 35th either bought a set like that or just painted the front, instead of doing everything for the whistler mod.

the bottom of the housing, with the lines (i marked it in blue) should also be black with the whistler mod. leaving only the rear of the lights in the reflective chrome. check SKZ28's pictures above, you can see how much darker whistlered lights are compared to the ones on the LE SS

Sorry about the SKZ28
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry about the SKZ28
Oh not a problem at all. It's all good info, feel free to post away
Old 04-26-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

thanks again

that car in that picture has not done the whistler mod, the front face of the housing is the only part that's black. check the first picture in the first post- https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ter-my-ss.html - the person with that 35th either bought a set like that or just painted the front, instead of doing everything for the whistler mod.

the bottom of the housing, with the lines (i marked it in blue) should also be black with the whistler mod. leaving only the rear of the lights in the reflective chrome. check SKZ28's pictures above, you can see how much darker whistlered lights are compared to the ones on the LE SS

Sorry about the SKZ28
Wow my bad

Its stupid obvious now DOH

Now after I get all teh other crap taken care of on my car Im going to do the Whistler mod. Then a cowl hood and take the body kit off my sixer

What size cowl? Where to buy? LOL Im pathedic, your car has inspired me

Originally Posted by SKZ28
Oh not a problem at all. It's all good info, feel free to post away
LOL oops

Your car looks exactly like mine -whistler, so I think its sweet as hell too.

Quick Reply: Whistlered my headlights...