Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I need help!! Right Sail Panel Plastic interior piece!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!! Right Sail Panel Plastic interior piece!

The whole plastic interior piece that surrounds the sailpanel speaker and where that coat hanger thing is attached to is loose. Its on the passenger side as well.

The piece is not securing back to where it was before and I can't figure out why. The whole thing is snug and tight except for the very top where it touches the roof... I noticed there is a velcro attachment for it to secure to but on the side towards the t-top it is still wiggling... How do I secure it back? Its minor but I dont want this to rattle.... Can anyone understand what part of the piece im talking about?

Someone please help me I cant stand imperfection..
Old 04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There should be a plastic tab that goes under the trim piece for the hole where the t-top bolt locks into...did that get broken off?
You can always try and add another velcro piece behind where its loose as well
Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had luck in the past with going the opposite direction. Perhaps add some velcro at the top. After that however, instead of pushing it in, try the counterintuitive approach. Push it OUT. I got my car with both A-Pillars rattling and with each of their tabs broken (always been curious why, but whatever...). Instead of replacing the A-Pillars with tabs that could pull them in, I bought a kitchen towel/rag and put put it in each pillar to push the middle slightly out while the top was screwed in and the bottom was held tightly by its positioning.

Something similar could work in this case, though it might take a few cheap towels to push it out and stop the rattle. As long as the key parts are pulled in, pushing the others out will be a cheap and easy to solve the problem. In fact, before I had sound deadening between the plastic and the body, I had towels stuffed in there to quiet road noise, so I can tell you it works. At least it did for me.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All sounds like good ideas. So far its not rattling but the piece is not flush against the roof carpet and its got quite a gap compared to the other side.

Its bothering me because I know its not supposed to be like that but ill try something soon.

Quick Reply: I need help!! Right Sail Panel Plastic interior piece!