Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Fuel Rail Covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Rail Covers

I was gonna purchase the fuel rail covers for my camaro. I was just wondering can you still use them on fast intake? If so, how do they attach? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

no you cant..... not without grinding them down a lot. They attach via little "c" claps under the covers that clip onto the Factory fuel rail. (if you have aftermarket rails, they will not work). I bought a pair for my car last year, with this same idea. I have a FAST intake as well. The intake tubes/humps are shaped differently than the stock intakes. After taking a dremil to the inside arcs of the covers, for several hours, i decided that i was gonna have to grind on them more than i cared to, without certainty they would even fit after. It may can be done, if you are willing to try it.... they are just too costly to me to butcher up.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

I still have the stock fuel rails. So will they work if I have stock fuel rails and the fast intake? From what I understand "YURVIEW" has aftermarket fuelrails. Sorry to ask so many ?'s, but I just wanna be double sure before I spend that kinda money. I also wanna get that mess of wires and fuel rails covered/cleaned up.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry.... I have stock rails. Im sure it could be done If u are handy with a dremil and willing to shave them down to fit......... but then again Ive never seen anyone with covers on a Fast intake.......
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 AM
Staging Lane

Where do you have shave down on the covers? On the bottom side or somewhere else?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Where they meet the intake. The humps (or arcs) on the covers are made to fit flush against the stock Intake. The FAST is larger than stock, so grinding the arcs on the covers is required in order to get the covers to fit. ill post a pic later If that doesnt make sense. Lol.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

I think im picking up what your throwing down... but if you dont mind posting up those pics that would be great. Ive never looked at those covers before, so if you had pics I think I would understand ya better. Thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail Covers