Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

98-02 Trans Am fog light housing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation 98-02 Trans Am fog light housing...

Alright so for those that have been following my last thread I ordered the HID Fog Light kit from DDM Tuning. I was in the process of removing my old stock fog light bulbs but they were stuck. I ended up removing both fog light assemblies from underneath the car and discovered that the opening in the fog light housing for the bulb was warped. Obviously, for those that have gone through this know that it's just cheap plastic.

I'm really considering talking to some CNC shops around my area to get estimates on how much it would cost to construct a similar housing out of metal. Perhaps even change he lens from plastic to high temp glass. It probably won't be cost effective for me to just make one set, so if I were to pursue this, would anyone else be interested in metal/glass fog light housings?

How much do you think it would cost to fabricate a PAIR?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If it was for a 93-97 Trans Am aka 98-02 Formula I would be interested. I'm thinking at least $120/set... 98-02 Trans Am fog light brackets are different than 93-97 TA and 98-02 Firebird/Formula, but the reflector housings themselves could possibly be the same.. From what I hear, 93-97 TA reflectors ARE metal/glass. The issue is finding a set in good/mint condition.

I would be more interested in a HID projector solution that requires minimal to no cutting, rather than reproducing stock housings in metal/glass.

Quick Reply: 98-02 Trans Am fog light housing...