Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Custom gauge pod / black alcantara, Dyno-Tune gauge, PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Custom gauge pod / black alcantara, Dyno-Tune gauge, PICS

I've been waiting quite awhile to install this triple gauge pod. Originally just did my A-pillars in the factory charcoal grey and then decided to do some custom work to the pillars and other components. I had both A-pillars done in Black Alcantara. I don't know how well the pics will show the quality of material and work, but it looks stellar in person !! I also had a chance to properly loom all the wiring with carbon flex for my gauges. Top gauge is the wideband O2, middle is N2O pressure, and bottom is Nitrous switch center. All three pillar gauges are Dyno-Tune units with the aluminum bezel ring. A/C vent pod gauge is the Aeroforce interceptor unit. Here's the pics, enjoy

PS: I will be updating some other items in the interior that have been custom covered in Black Alcantara w/red chain stitch. I plan on another round of upgrades next weekend.

Last edited by 96silverram; 07-03-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the material quality doesnt show, tbqh (alcantara is top notch) but the workmanship certainly does. Thats some awesome work there. Other stuff to go along with it? (so far my favorite part about your interior, aside from the overlays, which i think could fit nicely)
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the comps, Irish. I know, Iphone pics don't really due the parts justice (Iphone 3G, 2 MP). I can't wait to get the Iphone 4 (5 MP camera). Pictures should be much better from the new phone.

Last edited by 96silverram; 03-19-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Teching In

thats pretty sexy. Wish i could sew like that. id have nice seats lol
Old 07-03-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

where did you get he steering wheel cover?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Thanks for the comps, Irish. I know, Iphone pics don't really due the parts justice (Iphone 3G, 2 MP). I can't wait to get the Iphone 4G (5 MP camera). Pictures should be much better from the new phone.
haha, i feel ya. I cant decide who to go with to ditch tmobile and my 3g

If i were you (and if you have moneypiles) Id cover the top 1/2 of the car that way (pillars, t top panels, shades, visors). Did you just have someone local do it?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:48 PM
12 Second Club

Irish,
I do have plans for other items, some of which have already been done I have been using this custom guy from Dallas for a long time. If you want any info just PM me.

98 blackbirdta,
I purchased the steering wheel cover a long time ago, IIRC it was $35/40 new and takes about 20 minutes to install. The cover will be up for sale in a week or two if your interested ?

Luckytii7,
Thanks for the comps....
Old 07-04-2010, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love interior projects, mine will be getting an overhaul after the turbos. Looks awesome. You're in Oklahoma aren't you? I'd like to check the car out some time!
Old 07-04-2010, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

Very well done and that's not an easy piece to cover while making it look good. Your connection did a really nice job. Looking forward to more pics of the car/upgrades.

I know you are spoon feeding all of us...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Trust,
That is quite a compliment coming from a guy like you. You had one of the absolute baddest bird's I have ever seen (I actually thought about buying it when you were selling)! I moved from Oklahoma in 02', was in Texas until 09', then moved to Indiana to finish another degree at IU. I can't wait to see what your Viper does with some twins !!!

BlackbirdWS6 (Brian),
Thanks for the compliments on the interior parts (more to come...) You definitely got me figured out on the spoon-feeding part
Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Irish,
I do have plans for other items, some of which have already been done I have been using this custom guy from Dallas for a long time. If you want any info just PM me.
I dont remember the name of the company( they were outa dallas though ) but I was poking on their site bout a month ago . They had pics of the TA pillars just like that in suede on there . They do good work , ALL their stuff looked good as as craftsmanship is concerned . They did a good job on your pillars , they appear to be so simple to cover , but they actually are rediculous to cover
Old 07-04-2010, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

LT4vert,
Your on the money with the place in Dallas. I don't want to say the name in the forum because there not a vendor here, but if anyone wants the info just PM and will send you the link. The picture of the pillar pod was probably mine, lol. Your one hundred percent correct when you state "they appear to be so simple to cover , but they actually are rediculous to cover!".
Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Trust,
That is quite a compliment coming from a guy like you. You had one of the absolute baddest bird's I have ever seen (I actually thought about buying it when you were selling)! I moved from Oklahoma in 02', was in Texas until 09', then moved to Indiana to finish another degree at IU. I can't wait to see what your Viper does with some twins !!!

BlackbirdWS6 (Brian),
Thanks for the compliments on the interior parts (more to come...) You definitely got me figured out on the spoon-feeding part
Thanks man, I'm excited to see how it does! I miss the T/A bad though. As far as the Viper, I have a few small appearance things left and the turbo's then the interior project starts. I appreciate the comments, I have a ton of respect for your car, probably one of my favorite 4th gens, thing is CLEAN! .

If you don't mind, can you shoot me the guys info that does your work?

Quick Reply: Custom gauge pod / black alcantara, Dyno-Tune gauge, PICS