Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Degreased my Engine Bay: Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool Degreased my Engine Bay: Pics Inside

In my pursuit of trying my new chemicals I decided that it was time to clean up my 2000 Buick Century with just over 70,000 Miles. Elderly driven for most of it's life but never maintained under the hood.

Using some Meguiar's Super Degreaser Ratio 4:1 and the engine slightly warm, I sprayed it down, let sit for a minute and aggitated it a bit. Sprayed with cool water and most of the grime blasted off. I hit a couple spots again and got it 90% of the way there.

I also tried out some stuff from Meguiar's called Hyper Dressing. Works wonders on Tires and the mixture was ratioed at 1:1 for the highest shine. After using it, you notice a difference for sure. I think though for Black Plastic would use Tire Shine (Gel) but this stuff makes everything look good.

Some of the photos did not come out, and I was running out of daylight. Also next time I will blow it out with a air hose too.

Before

After

Hyper Dressing

Old 08-26-2010, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks alot better. Ive used the Black Magic degreaser/dressing and it works pretty good.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, I used some store brand stuff, even purple power but nothing worked like this. Did not use all that much and what I have is in a concentrate and cost me 12-13 for a gallon, 2$ for the sprayer. and I have more then enough for 20 4:1 concentrated spray bottles before even considering rebuying.