Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Can I get the ON STAR in my car????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I get the ON STAR in my car????

I was wondering if I can get the On Star system in my car? A freind of mine has it in his Avalanche and that **** it cool. So I was just wondering if I could get it and how to if I could.

Josh S.
Old 01-18-2003, 03:42 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: Can I get the ON STAR in my car????

i believe on star is available on most gm vehicles as a dealer installed item. i seem to remember back in 2000 when i worked at the chevy dealer seeing a system in an impala and a suburban and that was when only cadillac had the system from the factory. pretty expensive though, you might be better off w/the dvd/nav system from alpine or something.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

I'm thinking about onstar myself. A friend of mine just got a new Monte Carlo SS and it has onstar and when he has to call someone he pushes that button and the onstar operator askes him who he wants to call and they call for him! Pretty Sweet!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

on star is not worth all that they say that it is worth. as long as you plan on using it for a cell phone and such it is fine. as far as them helping when your car is stolen it is worthless. my dad had his 2002 trailblazer stolen 3 weeks after he bought it. he called onstar with in 2 hours of it being stolen. they said that if someone removed the antenna, or parked in a garage or something like that they could not find it. they also said that it only works when the battery in on, but there is a little back up battery that works for around an hour after the car turns off. to make a long story short they said that after 48 hours they will stop looking for the car. so in my opinion if you are getting it for the convenience of theft protection do not wast your money. just my little rant about onstar.

dustin

Quick Reply: Can I get the ON STAR in my car????