Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My 2002 SOM Z28 just got a new Sunoco hood, SS spoiler & a new paint job! Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gorgeous
Old 12-15-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. It is SOM, but with an optional Glasurit clear coat that adds durability and 35% more gloss.

I don't know the specifics, but my little Bro does use a top-of-the-line Canon digital SLR camera with a special lens that I don't know the name of. He makes it a hobby to take professional-style photos.
I can tell from the focus its an epic cam\lens your bro has good skills. good looking car.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

I like everything except the wheels
Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by desertLS1
I like everything except the wheels
+1 ...Paint looks good though
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a baller *** paint job man. You deff got what you paid for.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whats your opinions on those headlight??

I searched them and might get a set cause they aren't real expensive.

Do they come with bulbs?
Are they brighter than stock?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

like said before car looks amazing cant wait to see it in person! might go to that shop when my car is no longer my daily driver. but if i might ask what fiberglass work did you have them do to your "the spoiler company" spoiler?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
Whats your opinions on those headlight??

I searched them and might get a set cause they aren't real expensive.

Do they come with bulbs?
Are they brighter than stock?

Yes, they came with bulbs. I think they were only a little brighter than stock. I only bought these headlights, because my factory ones were starting to fog up and these headlights looked subtle and tasteful enough to replace them. Not to mention, they were the latest and greatest recommended halos in this forum.

Last edited by damon_Z; 12-16-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
like said before car looks amazing cant wait to see it in person! might go to that shop when my car is no longer my daily driver. but if i might ask what fiberglass work did you have them do to your "the spoiler company" spoiler?
Thank you again. At first glance, the shop manager said that the spoiler looked good and should be a straightforward installation, but later on, he said that the spoiler needed only minor fiberglass work to even it out. I don't know. lol I think he was just trying to be a perfectionist.

I do have to warn you that, yes, the shop does good work and they take pride in it. However, they move slow in getting your car in and getting your car out. I think they took my car in during the second week of October after telling my little Bro twice to come back (during a three-week period), because the shop's best workers were either out sick or in vacation.

Although I told them to take their time so that they can get everything perfect, my little Bro didn't get the car back until December 9! It's a good thing I had my GTO and my Bro had Mom's Lexus and Z06 to daily drive, but, yes, I do recommend them and I will be back there someday soon when it's time to get my GTO painted.

The shop manager's name is Ernie and he can be reached at 609-965-7850. Tell him that Chummie, the guy with the orange Camaro, recommended his shop.

Last edited by damon_Z; 12-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by damon_Z
Yes, they came with bulbs. I think they were only a little brighter than stock. I only bought these headlights, because my factory ones were starting to fog up and these headlights looked subtle and tasteful enough to replace them. Not to mention, they were the latest and greatest recommended halos in this forum.
So definatly for the 109 bucks plus 50 shipping?
I really like how they look on your SOM z28. Trying to decide how I would like them on my MMM Z28. Im trying to decide between going smoked headlights and smoked bumper lights or doing chrome and clear on both. I really can't decide I like both

Also where are those z28 badges from? Emblempros?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Great looking car, what tips are those?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

So definatly for the 109 bucks plus 50 shipping?
I really like how they look on your SOM z28. Trying to decide how I would like them on my MMM Z28. Im trying to decide between going smoked headlights and smoked bumper lights or doing chrome and clear on both. I really can't decide I like both

Also where are those z28 badges from? Emblempros?
I've been looking through my past payment activities to compare the price I paid to the price you're about to pay, but no luck. I can't find it, but this looks like the set that I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...item5add892985

and it matches your price.

Monterey Maroon Metallic is an awesome color and would have been the color I ordered for my car, but I was too sold on SOM back in the day.

In my opinion, your choice between clear and smoked (turn signal and side marker lights included) should be determined by your wheel finish. If you have aluminum, polished, or chrome wheels, then clear or even smoke will work well.

If you have black wheels, then smoke or even black housings will be the way to go.

I would just stick with the factory rear bumper lights though or at least go with the European factory ones if you wanted to look different. Otherwise, the aftermarket style looks far from subtle.

This is all in my humble opinion, of course.

And, yes, the emblems are from emblempros.com.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by A350SOM
Great looking car, what tips are those?
Thank you. The tips are genuine Corsa tips from afterthoughtsauto.com.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im thinking these
http://www.amazon.com/Spec-D-93-01-C...2518926&sr=1-1

or
http://www.amazon.com/SPYDER-Chevy-C...2518926&sr=1-2

and yes those are the headlights I found. They look good on your car and are a nice subtle difference from the stock bug eyes. plus halos are pretty cool looking. Do you like yours in general?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Im thinking these
http://www.amazon.com/Spec-D-93-01-C...2518926&sr=1-1

or
http://www.amazon.com/SPYDER-Chevy-C...2518926&sr=1-2

and yes those are the headlights I found. They look good on your car and are a nice subtle difference from the stock bug eyes. plus halos are pretty cool looking. Do you like yours in general?
Yes, I love mine. My installer set them up so that the halos and the small LED lights will come on with the parking lights and stay on when the headlight bulbs come on.

You can buy the headlights with the turn signal lights as a package from the same seller. That might save you a few bucks.

Also, I did have a minor problem with my aftermarket driver's side headlamp. Moisture would come in and fog up the housing. Therefore, I asked the body shop to seal it up with a recommended sealant. When you get yours, I would take the necessary precaution to add some type of sealant to all of your aftermarket housings.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by damon_Z
Thank you again. At first glance, the shop manager said that the spoiler looked good and should be a straightforward installation, but later on, he said that the spoiler needed only minor fiberglass work to even it out. I don't know. lol I think he was just trying to be a perfectionist.

I do have to warn you that, yes, the shop does good work and they take pride in it. However, they move slow in getting your car in and getting your car out. I think they took my car in during the second week of October after telling my little Bro twice to come back (during a three-week period), because the shop's best workers were either out sick or in vacation.

Although I told them to take their time so that they can get everything perfect, my little Bro didn't get the car back until December 9! It's a good thing I had my GTO and my Bro had Mom's Lexus and Z06 to daily drive, but, yes, I do recommend them and I will be back there someday soon when it's time to get my GTO painted.

The shop manager's name is Ernie and he can be reached at 609-965-7850. Tell him that Chummie, the guy with the orange Camaro, recommended his shop.
yeah i think my left side sits just slighty too high, but not enough to bug me (everything that isnt perfect on my car drives me nuts lol). i was just wondering because at certain angles my spoiler just seems like its scoops up too much idk its prob just me. but thanks for the info about the shop, ill def keep it in mind.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

not a fan of the rims, but it is a very clean looking car
Old 12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much did the spoiler cost you? Before having it painted and everything.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

how much did the spoiler cost you? Before having it painted and everything.
I think it was less than 300.00 (shipped) unpainted. I just looked in eBay and the seller, The Spoiler Company, doesn't have it listed anymore.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

awe sad face haha.

are these the corners you have? http://www.amazon.com/511037-Chevrol...2545201&sr=8-6

or

http://www.amazon.com/SPYDER-Chevy-C...2545201&sr=8-3

or did you just buy the 4 piece set from ebay?

Last edited by TwitchZ28; 12-16-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: My 2002 SOM Z28 just got a new Sunoco hood, SS spoiler & a new paint job! Pics inside