Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My 2002 SOM Z28 just got a new Sunoco hood, SS spoiler & a new paint job! Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red281gt
looks real good man , should of had the z28 off would give it a cleaner look but looks still damn good!!
I agree. Still your car looks great!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I personally like the badges. I wish I could afford some of the ZR1 Style ones from emblem pros. But his are pretty nice. I don't care for de-badges cars. I think its fair to give the guy in the next lane a little warning if the exhaust isn't enough
Old 12-17-2010, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

****** sick. GREAT photography as well.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

vergy good pictures and i like those headlights,havnt seen them before
Old 12-19-2010, 11:27 PM
12 Second Club

Man your car looks real good .

Last edited by Fast T; 12-19-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Hands down one of the best looking 4th gens i've ever seen IMO.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Launching!

that is a really nice clean car, i was looking at the first pic for 5 minutes
Old 12-20-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

The pic of the *** may or may not be my desktop background right now....haha
Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Teching In

goodlooking ride nice pics!!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea very nice!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Launching!

Great looking Z28 bud!

I musy say we both have equal taste here. I just got back from Korea after 2 years and I had my SOM Z repainted and had some custom body work done to clean the car up. See if you notice what is missing. By the way, I am from NY so if we are ever in the same area, our two cars should meet for a photoshoot.

Here's a few of mine:

BTW: The hood is getting refitted and adjusted so it is flush, I ran out of time on leave and now I am back in Iraq.

Before:

After:

Here's The Thread For All The Details.

Cheers!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...rts-paint.html
Old 12-21-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by usafcrewchief01
Great looking Z28 bud!

I musy say we both have equal taste here. I just got back from Korea after 2 years and I had my SOM Z repainted and had some custom body work done to clean the car up. See if you notice what is missing. By the way, I am from NY so if we are ever in the same area, our two cars should meet for a photoshoot.

You just got back from Korea? Wow. I just asked for Yongsan, South Korea, and got it. I'm just waiting on the Request For Orders to make it official. I should be there by this summer and I'll ask to be there for three years if I can. It's one of the greatest cities that any military base can be around. If I can, do you think I should bring my Z28 or GTO?

Your car looks awesome. I like how everything matches in your smoke/black theme. And the t-tops definitely make the car look even better. Awesome attention to detail too with the black on the Sunoco sides matching the black center line in between the t-tops. Amazing.

Where in NY are you?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Launching!

I live in upstate NY (Syracuse) and I would definetly bring the car you could car a little less for. I know that's a rough choice but trust me, I have been to Yongsan a lot and I can tell you that Koreans are the craziest drivers ever. The streets are narrow and they wait for no one, they have motorcycles/mopeds everywhere and they are known to side-swipe cars and just keep on going. On base is really nice, but I would recommend bringing the GTO. I was stationed at Osan Air Base for 2 years and I hated life. But that was because you couldn't bring a car and I had to live on base in the dorms (as an E-5). It's a good time, but for anyone who is a car enthusiast, Korea sucks. I would recommend doing 2-3 years but no longer than that. 2 years was plenty of time, and remember motorsports are almost none existent in Korea. I come home from Iraq sometime in the Spring so I will be back in NY during the summertime. We should meet up before you leave, and I can fill you in on everything you would need/want to know about Korea.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

You have one great looking camaro, i like how you have it set up. It looks real good.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Car looks really good!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by usafcrewchief01
I live in upstate NY (Syracuse) and I would definetly bring the car you could car a little less for. I know that's a rough choice but trust me, I have been to Yongsan a lot and I can tell you that Koreans are the craziest drivers ever. The streets are narrow and they wait for no one, they have motorcycles/mopeds everywhere and they are known to side-swipe cars and just keep on going. On base is really nice, but I would recommend bringing the GTO. I was stationed at Osan Air Base for 2 years and I hated life. But that was because you couldn't bring a car and I had to live on base in the dorms (as an E-5). It's a good time, but for anyone who is a car enthusiast, Korea sucks. I would recommend doing 2-3 years but no longer than that. 2 years was plenty of time, and remember motorsports are almost none existent in Korea. I come home from Iraq sometime in the Spring so I will be back in NY during the summertime. We should meet up before you leave, and I can fill you in on everything you would need/want to know about Korea.
Thank you for the information. Did I read that right? You would bring the GTO? If I did bring it, then I would probably only drive it on base and that's only if I have to live on base. I'll definitely let you know what my schedule is like by the time I finish training and the time I ship to South Korea so that we can meet up. Hopefully, I will have some time available and the leave days to spare.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

very nice hood love it
Old 12-24-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

I'm glad you posted it here! I'll call you later. I have to see it in person. Maybe Sunday before this supposed Nor easter hits. I'll give you a call later
Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
I'm glad you posted it here! I'll call you later. I have to see it in person. Maybe Sunday before this supposed Nor easter hits. I'll give you a call later
The car looks freakin' good sitting on my driveway, but it's not going anywhere until Midwest finally gets that top-of-the-line fab 9 delivered to Race Proven Motorsports. As of yesterday, it's being powdercoated. Midwest expects to ship it around the 31st.

However, Ryan's winter class starts the week after and I don't think he'll have time to drop it off and then pick it up until his winter class ends on the 15th. His spring classes start on the 18th. It looks like Monday, January 17, will be the best time for him to drop off the car.

I'm going to ask you later if you can help him out with dropping off the car and picking it up. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

damn thats one sexy SOM camaro

Quick Reply: My 2002 SOM Z28 just got a new Sunoco hood, SS spoiler & a new paint job! Pics inside