Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Someone hit me....got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Someone hit me....got some questions

Someone smashed into my driver rear quarter the ohter night at work, they ran of course. they smashed my gas door in and dented it all up, to the point that i cant open it. the quarter panel being fiberglass didnt dent, but got scratched to hell. Insurance is making me pay 500 dollar deductible. I really cant, or dont want to blow 500 bucks on this unless i have to. Any suggestions on what i should do? I dont think the scratches are gonna buff out, they seem to be pretty deep. the paint is blue green cameleon, which i would suspect is gonna be a bitch to match.

Would it be possible to replace fuel door myself and maybe go see if body shop can repaint it? Anybody have any idea how much its gonna cost me?
thanks for any info.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most rear qtr panel work like that is going to be about the same as your deductible.. $500.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Your rear quarter panel is fiberglass?
Mine is metal, albeit thin. From what I have seen, all 4th gen F-bodies have metal rear quarter panels. Maybe I am mistaken. Someone backed into my car last year too during the night and ran. They left a huge dent between the door and wheel arch. I was stuck with the bill. I dont know of any way to make it cheaper, other than to talk it over with a body man. If you see primer (white/light gray) then those scratchs are definately not going to be buffed out.

--VIP1
Old 02-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Staging Lane

are those quarters metal? they sure dont seem like it. it dindt dent at all, and to the touch it feels like fiber glass, but the gas door is metal and it dented liek crazy....i really dont know what the body is but i assumed it was fiberglass or some kinda plastic. anyone?
Old 02-19-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

the rear quarters are metal
its the doors and front fenders that are composite

Quick Reply: Someone hit me....got some questions