Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Do bagged camaros exist?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess im going to need to invest in a flamesuit also because I plan on doing a few things that aren't on the ls1tech acceptance list haha.

I do like the way slammed1500's car looks definitely sets itself apart from the crowd instead of blending in.

I personally think if you build a car it should be memorable especially if you bring it to shows. Not just another Camaro that you wont talk about the day after the show.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah every muscle car owner will hate the bagged look!! Sure maybe you guys should check out some of the pro touring cars and see what type of suspension some of them run!! Exactly what someone else said have to have Vette wheels/ss spoiler/ss hood and you will be the ****!! Anything else is crap for these cars.

To the OP, do what ever makes you happy man and find a site where people can appreciate your work not just give stupid *** opinions when not even asked for one!!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 208 Likes on 160 Posts

I've seen slammed1500's camaro in person at various shows, it looks badass. Sounds great too.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Majority of members on this board don't know the true meaning of "rice".

You want bags on your ride, go for it. It will look ******* bad ***... And to the ******* moron who refrenced the Mexican comment..This cat here is from Norway you *****..

Last edited by 2000SSgeorge; 04-27-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wirt
Well I guess im going to need to invest in a flamesuit also because I plan on doing a few things that aren't on the ls1tech acceptance list haha.

I do like the way slammed1500's car looks definitely sets itself apart from the crowd instead of blending in.

I personally think if you build a car it should be memorable especially if you bring it to shows. Not just another Camaro that you wont talk about the day after the show.
Yea, bags will definitely make you memorable, and people will definitely be talking about your car the day after the show, but in a BAD way. I see cars come into shows all the time with 22+ inch rims, lambo doors, train horns, or neon lights, and everybody laughs. Sure, there are people who are into that kind of stuff, and like others are saying, it's your car and you can do what you want. I just don't think you'll get the positive feedback that you might expect at car shows.

It'll be memorable in the sense that Rebecca Black is memorable.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pete137
Yea, bags will definitely make you memorable, and people will definitely be talking about your car the day after the show, but in a BAD way. I see cars come into shows all the time with 22+ inch rims, lambo doors, train horns, or neon lights, and everybody laughs. Sure, there are people who are into that kind of stuff, and like others are saying, it's your car and you can do what you want. I just don't think you'll get the positive feedback that you might expect at car shows.

It'll be memorable in the sense that Rebecca Black is memorable.
You sound like one of those close minded ******** that haven't seen a bagged car done right. That bagged TA posted looks awesome. Just because a car is bagged doesn't mean it's rice.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

To much of an old crowd on LS1 tech...guys need to listen to some beyonce and upgrade it.
I think that TA looks might impressive.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Teching In

That TA looks nasty! The bags are badass for the show/cruise look. I myself like the big rake look(low up front, high in the rear) of the old school muscle cars.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joeyc617
That TA looks nasty! The bags are badass for the show/cruise look. I myself like the big rake look(low up front, high in the rear) of the old school muscle cars.
That's one advantage with air ride. You can have that look with just a flip of a switch.

Last edited by 2000SSgeorge; 04-27-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

i think that trans am came out awesome. you gotta have an open mind bc everyone is different and there is no set way to have your car built
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

Couple of 5th Gens from C5Fest II -

Personally not my style on a Camaro... I love bagged trucks and SUV's, but hey... thats the beauty of the hobby, everyone has their own things they're into. If we all did the same things it'd just get boring. I catch hell all the time for lowering and blacking out an Avalanche, but I love it so whatever.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bigj2717
You sound like one of those close minded ******** that haven't seen a bagged car done right. That bagged TA posted looks awesome. Just because a car is bagged doesn't mean it's rice.
I'm sorry, I don't remember saying it was rice. To each his own man, just because I think bagged cars are ugly doesn't mean you have to get your panties in a bunch. I'm just stating my opinion, you don't need to start name calling, you might hurt somebodies feelings.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

That t/a is bad *** for sure the stance is on point. 22" wheels arent my cup of tea but i do love the way a bagged car looks almost layin on the ground. And when you start it up it sounds like a beast. In my opinion a bagged sports car is an ideal car, you have the sound and speed coupled with a totally adjustable suspension with the press of a switch. I mean it doesnt get much better than that.

I realized It would upset the older crowd, but its my car and I dont have the time to worry about what anyone else does to there car.

Oh and plans are to have it bagged this winter and hopefully have the set of wheels i want built by summer next year. And Im sure ill get hated on, but at the end of the day when im hittin switches and sitting behind an Ls1 i can promise ill have a permanent smile on my face regardless of the haters

/rant
Old 04-28-2011, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

not sure why anyone is arguing about this.the first thing everyone says anytime a fbody pic is posted up is"lower that 4x4". well this does exactly that,and if you have to drive it on bad roads,you can raise it with the touch of a switch.

just because a car is bagged does not mean it has to have 22 inch wheels or lambo doors.i guess on this forum its eibachs and stranos or nothing
Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000SSgeorge
Majority of members on this board don't know the true meaning of "rice".

You want bags on your ride, go for it. It will look ******* bad ***... And to the ******* moron who refrenced the Mexican comment..This cat here is from Norway you *****..

Sorry for picture quote.

Looks great!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wirt
That t/a is bad *** for sure the stance is on point. 22" wheels arent my cup of tea but i do love the way a bagged car looks almost layin on the ground. And when you start it up it sounds like a beast. In my opinion a bagged sports car is an ideal car, you have the sound and speed coupled with a totally adjustable suspension with the press of a switch. I mean it doesnt get much better than that.

I realized It would upset the older crowd, but its my car and I dont have the time to worry about what anyone else does to there car.

Oh and plans are to have it bagged this winter and hopefully have the set of wheels i want built by summer next year. And Im sure ill get hated on, but at the end of the day when im hittin switches and sitting behind an Ls1 i can promise ill have a permanent smile on my face regardless of the haters

/rant
Fine rant sir, as long as your happy with it regardless of what some others might think, then cool.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you and I plan on enjoying it for as long as I own it.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000SSgeorge
That's one advantage with air ride. You can have that look with just a flip of a switch.

agreed, your car looks sexier than socks on a rooster...

and with the "flip of a switch", you would definately cut down on the, "im lowered and my duals scrape everywhere, what do i do?" threads.

bags have a place, and i think if they are done right, (your car) they can be awesome, however, a lot of people give bags a bad name. just like ricers, there are plenty of fast and respectable imports out there, but the idiots that throw fart cannons, stickers and lights on their moms accord and call it fast ruin it for all enthusiasts.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

that t/a is dope i say go for it man i would if i had the coin
Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
Uh..... Got rice? You really think $2400 is alot into suspension? Thats like sub frame connectors, adjustable torque arm, tubular lower control arms, adjustable panhard bar, beilsteins and eibachs. All of which 75% of members here have. Silly ricer.
just for you ricer boy...

Part # Product Price Qty Total
Remove Item TA001 1993 - 2002 F-Body Torque arm, DOM, adjustable, bolt-in
Color:Black Hammertone
$269.95 269.95
Remove Item AA002 1993 - 2002 F-Body A-arms, lower, DOM, adjustable, polyurethane/Rod end combo
$378.95 378.95
Remove Item SFC001 1993 - 2002 F-Body Subframe connectors, weld-on, boxed, non-convertible only
$159.95 159.95
Remove Item LSP003 1993 - 2002 F-Body Lowering spring package
$409.00 409.00
Remove Item KONI-F4-F3 1993 - 2002 F-Body (2)Koni front shock, single adjustable & (2)Koni rear shock, off-car adjustable
$926.80 926.80
Click to remove the item from your cart.
To add quantity to a product, enter the qty you would like in the qty box, then click Update Qty. Parts Total: $2,144.65

2144.65 bucks. and that includes shocks and springs that are about 500 bucks more than the ones you had listed...

try your math again.

Quick Reply: Do bagged camaros exist?