Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone else wish their car looked smoother with the T Tops off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone else wish their car looked smoother with the T Tops off?

Since I got my car, the number one thing I don't like about it is the unfinished look when you have the T tops out. With the weatherstripping exposed and such, it just looks like something is very obviously missing to me. Anyone ever get some kind of U shaped cover or something made that would cover the weatherstripping and give it a finished look while you have the t tops out,? Maybe I'm crazy and letting stupid things annoy me, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get others input
Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Brilliant.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Sarcasm? I honestly think I might just be thinking stupidly by wondering about this
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this your first t-top car?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i forgot what that area looks like. i havent taken mine off in years
Old 05-19-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kblackgtp
Sarcasm? I honestly think I might just be thinking stupidly by wondering about this
I was gonna say the same thing "Brilliant" and yes...with sarcasm! hahaha I don't stare at my car with the T-tops off, I'm usually driving it. Besides, it's just another damn part to worry about carrying around and swapping back and forth. I say don't be so sensative....not in an ******* tone tho.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sadly, I was being serious and not sarcastic. LOL. Maybe if you paint that area black, it will blend in better with the rubber weatherstripping.

I have a hardtop, so I don't have to deal with it.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Looks better than a convertible IMO...I love my t-tops, on or off.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I totally agree with you on this one. I envy the hardtop cars to be honest in terms of smoothness and lack of extra lines (tops on), but at the same time have much love for the fact that I can pull the T's off for a nice evening run. Not many others are gonna empathize with this, but great minds think alike, eh ?

Anyways, it's much less of an issue for me since I have a black car. But my old white TA, I really got bugged out by that unfinished look. Get ahold of 6LE, I bet they could easily make a cover for that area.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

T-tops imo is possibly the greatest invention for car appearance ever. My old camaro was a hardtop and my dream was to have ttops, I finally got it and it is the ******* ****, I think your just crazy dude cuz I did not once think like you did and I'm a man with a really bad case of OCD and to me the whole concept and design of ttops is amazing, they shouldn't have discontinued ttops, they need to bring them back asap.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
T-tops imo is possibly the greatest invention for car appearance ever. My old camaro was a hardtop and my dream was to have ttops, I finally got it and it is the ******* ****, I think your just crazy dude cuz I did not once think like you did and I'm a man with a really bad case of OCD and to me the whole concept and design of ttops is amazing, they shouldn't have discontinued ttops, they need to bring them back asap.
Opposite for me, went from T-tops to hard top and love it.

Now Targa top is what im going for with this car.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 AM
9 Second Club

I love the T Tops too!!

T Tops > hard tops, convertibles, sun roof, moon roof

Don't worry about how they look when they are out just cruise and enjoy the car...It would be a pain to fab something up to cover it and actually look good!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Veteran

I hate T-tops with a passion. Not really sure why, mine never really gave me many problems on the 3 cars I had, but I won't get another one with them. Maybe I'm getting old..who knows lol.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Now Targa top is what im going for with this car.
Dude, now that's HOT Everytime I see a Vette with one of those it makes me wish that f-bodies came like that as a option Cause I would so go with a targa over a ttop anyday.

Edit: I just searched and found a few Camaro's with targa tops. Did that come as a option or did they make it themselves?

Last edited by BoricuaHec01; 05-20-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
I just searched and found a few Camaro's with targa tops. Did that come as a option or did they make it themselves?
aftermarket. 6LE sells them (www.6litereaterdesigns.com) i've got mine just sitting in the box, need to get it installed
Old 05-20-2011, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of not having T-tops on the new Camaros. Has anybody seen the TransAm Depot 2010 Camaro turned into a T/A. I think it looks killer IMO.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'm tired of seeing 2010-11 Camaros turned into Firebirds, they're gone.

but i dont really think about it at all, i just love how it is with the tops out. when they're in i dont even have the shades in. i would gladly take that unfinished look of the t tops, over a convertible top being up. imo they just look terrible. now however if it was a hardtop convertible..
Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 AM
TECH Regular

It would be more of a show car thing honestly, but I think it would be GREAT! Biggest problem would be finding a way to latch it all the way around securely, and maybe coming up with a folding design so it fits easily in the back and doesn't take up as much space as the t-tops for when you need to get groceries. Concept is great IMO though, I don't even like that you can see the weatherstripping at the roofline, and took off my roof drip-rail just so its less obvious. (From a Hardtop owner that wishes I could take my roof out on days like today! LOL) I wanna buy a t-top car to do a targa on though, maybe you should look into that? Best of both worlds!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

^^^^ Im with him... Im torn on the TTops.. I too, am in love with the tops on-and the classic muscle/TTop look.. and being able to take them off for an evening cruise is lets face it, heaven. but... I agree, looking at the car from the OUTSIDE when the tops are off on it looks like someone came by and stole my damn roof! you guys with black cars dont have much to complain about.. your car at least matches the ugly *** weather stripping lol.. Wish I had the cash to go full targa...
Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

my only bone to pick with the targa, is how it would be stored. the tops you can just slide into the well of the hatch. maybe the targa would give use to the backseats lol

Quick Reply: Anyone else wish their car looked smoother with the T Tops off?